Destiny

By Jess
@JJ4Ever (4696)
How do you believe a person can find his or her destiny in life? Are there signs in life? For instance, how does a man know he is going to be a brain surgeon? Do you think it is decided as soon as he is born or does he have the free will to choose? How does he find this calling? Do you believe each person has his or her own unique destiny in life that only he or she can fulfill? If so, what if he or she chooses not to fulfill that destiny? Do you think the world misses out when someone doesn't do what he or she was called to do? Can people have more than one calling in life? Is there the possibility of picking the wrong destiny in life? Please share your thoughts. I'm very interested to know what you think!
@hellcowboy (7383)
I think destiny is something you find out as you go even though the big picture is decided by God long before we every existed,but I think he wants us to learn as we go when it comes to what we are supposed to do and things like that,and I think everyone has a unique destiny whether it be like Moses who was destined to part the Red Sea and save his people,or Christopher Columbus who was destined to discover America,I think once your destiny calls you will answer it one way or another even if you do not realize it,I think people can have more that one calling since sometimes they might have to try a few things before they find what they are really meant to do,just like I am not sure what my calling is,but I am thinking it is becoming a CNA so I can help people.
@JJ4Ever (4696)
I wish you the best in finding your calling! I admire the fact that you aren't afraid of making a wrong choice. You just go with it, and if it doesn't work, move on to something else! That's the way it should be. Thanks, HLC!
@yresh12 (3222)
LIFE could be so mysterious. You won't really know what's going to happen next. It gives you the thrill of looking forward of the things that you like and don't like to happen. The outcome may or may not please us. This gives us an opportunity to make the most out of it. Someone said here the "WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN DESTINY" but I believe that FATE has a lot of things to do with it. We are DESTINED to do great THINGS, we just had to figure out what it is.
@JJ4Ever (4696)
I couldn't agree with you more. Yes, there is destiny, but unless we got out there to find it, nothing is going to happen. We have to be proactive and search for our meaning in life. We won't find anything if we aren't looking for it. There's great truth to what you say! Excellent advice!!
@bird123 (10481)
Be who you must! It's a part of the plan! Life has a way of putting you just where you need to be. The stage is set. The lessons are planned. The choices are all yours. Regardless of your choices, you will learn and grow. There are forces behind it all beyond comprehension. You have no worries.Never be afraid. LIVE!!! The adventure continues!!
@JJ4Ever (4696)
You have such a wonderful and positive outlook on life. I definitely agree with you that the choices are all ours. That's why we have to be careful what we choose as it will effect others as well. Depending on those choices, we will grow stronger by the experiences we must face. These can be positive experiences or negative, depending on how we look at them...I prefer to look at all things in a positive light, as you do!
@wigima5 (908)
I don't believe in fate. You create your own destiny. You can have an endless amount of possible things you can be. although there probably is one type of career or future tat will best match you. though you might find it or not. Like I said you control your own fate, and it is not just decided beforehand.
@JJ4Ever (4696)
I think there may be more than one possibility out there of what we can be, but you're right. We have to choose where we would be happy. Thanks!
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
Well, I don't believe in destiny. Life is not previously written, as it is decided as we walk. Every action we make can change the way, and what we end up becoming is the result of all of our own decisions in life. If someone wants to fulfill some dream, that person should do his or her best to follow the right steps to reach that goal
@JJ4Ever (4696)
I couldn't agree with you more. If life were already decided for us, what would the fun of it be? We wouldn't have the free will to make our own choices. I think that's the best and the worst thing about it. We can make good decisions or we can make bad decisions and suffer the consequences. Whatever we choose, it is up to us and no one else can take responsibility for it. I'm glad we have the right to choose for ourselves. I don't want to be a puppet! Thanks for your honest response.