elections: vote the one who will win or the one you want?

@redphile (2265)
in any election, some candidates are popular, some are intelligent, some are resourceful. But sometimes, if we are to base it on popularity and surveys, those who ranks highest are most likely the winners. Ive had discussions with my friend, and i asked, why not vote the one who you think will win, he is gonna win anyway, or so the survey says. My friend said, well thats why its an election, you vote the one you want right? But i said, youre just gonna waste your vote because you already know who will win. And rebuttals and so and so.. Well, i want to hear what your opinions are mylotters?
Hello redphile, That's one that i still hate, i thought we have change and choose some one based on plat forms and qualifications, I was WRONG, most people didn't change at all. some are still demanding money which is illegal! Only a "immature Voter" would vote for some one who is popular and not because he's the best in answering the issues. despite that i fear my candidate has a slim chance to win, i would vote for him rather than vote for popular and then screw the presidency later or use the job as an OJT
@redphile (2265)
it can still happen. some people just never learn. history always repeats itself. lol. well with the new limitations of the automated counting machines, less cheating would happen, i hope. before you can even put your name as the president, now you have to shade just one or else it will just void it. hopefully this one will be successful.
this one thing in my lifetime that i don't want to have it repeated! frankly, am through with the notion that's why am still campaigning for gordon..
@redphile (2265)
well good luck to us! Whoever wins, i hope he makes the most out of it, and that he will put the filipino people in his priority list.
• Estonia
I am not that type of person, who votes for the candidate, that would win anyway. I vote for the one that is best for me. I think if everyone voted for the person that is thought to be the winner, there would be no sense in elections, no opposition.
@redphile (2265)
sometimes though in an election, you already can sense who will win, well not everytime, and this sometimes counts but not the ultimate reason why we should vote for that candidate. We still have too look deeper on what can he contribute.
@kharlav (1672)
For me, i will vote the the person i believe in, for the person whom i know really loves my country. He doesn't need to be popular. I will not base my vote on the most popular, who has the most number of banners, who has many commercials, who are winning in the surveys. Surveys are not necessarily accurate, for corrupt countries, the government might be (and most likely) manipulating the surveys, the news, and their popularity, so that the corrupt candidate that they know will win and they can continue their corruption. And another thing, if you wont vote for the person you believe in then there would be a more probability that he wouldn't win. His probability of not winning increases when the people who believes in him wont vote for him because of their lack of hope. But if all the people who believes in Him, votes for Him, then maybe he still has a chance of winning. Example: if 1000 people believes in Him but think he wont win, then he already lost 1000 votes, 1000 votes go to waste. Here's a question: why would you vote for the person who is popular in surveys (the person people think would win)? would your vote count? would it make a difference if you didn't vote for him, and voted for the person you believed instead?
@redphile (2265)
popularity counts but not to the extent that that's the only thing that we look for. we still have to dig deeper into that candidate to know what are his motives and plans for the country or for anywhere.
i dont just go to someone popular or that are rich. i go with their reputation and family background as i know that they will just going to maintain good reputation in the name of their blood lines and that they will not going to ruin their family's legacy for the name of money sake only as they already have it.
@redphile (2265)
of course, we have to check up on every candidate's platforms. good reputation and background is very good, that we need someone to look up to and have a lot of contribution already to our country.
@amyson (3509)
if there is a fair election every vote needs to be counted either the candidates are popular or somewhat intelligent filipino community have the right to vote and if the surveys telling that this candidates has high voting from survey still we cannot predict who will win the election only when counting is over.
@redphile (2265)
that is true, it does not mean that if one soars high in the survey means that he is gonna win. we can only know until the counting is done.
@Sir_bobby88 (8244)
I would surely go for the one that would bring more prospect and benefits for our future .
@redphile (2265)
i know that we can all benefit from all candidates in the future, just not those nuisance ones. well, it just differs in the level of contribution they can give.