People have kids but,can't afford to give them their own room.

I have a friend who is a bit pissed with me. She has 7 kids living in a three bedroom apartment. I think that is very selfish of her. I am not saying they should all get a bedroom to them selves. But,she should have stopped having kids when she realized she could not provide for them well. She is on welfare and in a cramped home. My mother feels there is nothing wrong with it because she had 6 kids in a 4 bedroom apartment.I know she can feed them very well. She gets over 900 in stamps.
@laglen (19783)
The bedroom situation isnt so much a big deal. It is the cranking babies out that she cant afford. That is wrong. I agree with you.
I agree with you too.
• Marion, Kansas
Very nicely put. It is not healthy for her, and will not make for healthy pregnancies. I am glad she has the money to feed them, though.
If you think about the whole world then those kids are lucky. Because in my country there are people who do not even have a home. But then I agree that kids do need some private space for themselves. It is good to be alone some times
@missweety (628)
• Latvia
Hello, I understand you and I have the same opinion about it! However, now I don't have any baby yet, I will try to get the best out of my life till I will get one so i can give him the best as I didn't have a good childhood - I will try to give the best to my baby and never ever will try to squeeze them (if I will have more than one) into small apartment because every person should have his/her own space to live!!!it is very important to my mind! I live in a small apartment because I cannot afford a house or big apartment. If I would have a baby now, it would be one because you have to be responsible for him! It's not a toy or rented good that you later on can give back to shop..People - be responsible!!!! Good luck!!!
I like your response very much it is so true.
@avani26 (1521)
I do not feel there is anything wrong if she can take care of her kids. I really do not understand what is the big deal about the kids not having a room for themselves. Do you know in my country there are people who do not even have a house for themselves and there are many who stay in one room and have to share the same room to eat, sleep, cook. There are kids who have topped the state exams by studying under street lights. The only thing that should matter is that they should be brought up properly and in a decent manner.
In the united states we have more than a lot of people have. At the same time we also need things we can't provide for our kids. Parents need time to nurture with their mommie and daddy. So spitting out kids like this is not good. I feel bad for anyone who has to eat adn sleep in the same room out of need. I would hope they are not bringing kids in this world either it's not fair to them to suffer this way.
@hvedra (1623)
I also don't think it is necessary for kids to have a bedroom each but they do need a certain amount of space. How do they get any privacy or quiet space to do homework (or is that a silly thought?!) or just to sit and read or have a little "me" time.
No it's not a silly thought it is the truth. Kids need space just like we do.
its very expensive to rent to 4 room apartment or more than that as normally they only have 1 or two bedroom. unless they can afford to rent a house or a big house. but if their earnings is not enough to rent for a quite big apartment then 1 is already enough and girls can use it while the boys can sleep at the living room at night. having a 3 bedroom for 7 is already enough 1 bedroom for the parents, 1 for the male and 1 for the female. they can put 2 single occupancy double deck inside each room.
@nejnej (148)
I grew up in an extended family, living along with my aunts ant uncles, cousins and our grandmother. we grew up sharing rooms with the older cousins and sisters. sometimes we switch rooms depending on situations. I got my own room when i went to college and is living away from home. I do agree that sometimes parents don't plan when they have kids, and most of hte times they can't provide for their kids. they should have thought about it first before they pop out little cubs.
@nejnej (148)
i think one child is enough for me .the more,the worse!
@kaylachan (4778)
While I agree there are steps that can be taken, I'm sure the mother is doing what she can. That's one cramped apartment, but at least she has a stable roof for them to put over their heads. And, is getting enough food stamps as well. And, I'm sure there are other sources of income, because I don't see how a person could survive on welfare alone. Much less fuction with seven children. There has to be something coming somewhere as well as government aids that are readily avaible. That mother is thankful it seems just to not have to beg on the street. Some have to do that when they are that low and not so well-off.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me you can't blame her because it is not her fault there kind of a girl by one time they have a baby they have a capable of what the bible say be fruitful.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
You are so right! I have always wondered why women do this to themselves. Continue to have kids that they can't afford. Whatever happen to birth control. I would feel so guilty having all these kids and not being able to provide properly for them. Just like the Octomom having 6 kids and then deciding to have another but ends up with 8 kids. What, 6 was not enough? I just don't understand these women at all.
In my opinion, on one hand, children without their own rooms will be lack of privacy and inconvenice, but on the other hand, they will have much talk with their roommates which is useful to make them cheerful and active. As when I was a child, I shared a room with my elder sister, I had this experience.
• Marion, Kansas
I am in agreement that there is a time to stop having children. Especially if there is no dad supporting and helping you, and you have to be on welfare. I am surprised she is allowed to have that many kids in that small of an apartment, but I guess as long as there is a "boys room" and a "girls room" CPS would not say anything. In the past this was not uncommon, though. They do have a home, and that is the important thing.
@Ramsesxlll (1436)
• Finland
I don't see the problem... If the mother wants to have children, then it's none of your business... We are 7 children and we had to share the room with my brother, but I didn't mind. All the others had own "rooms" though... Happy myLotting everyone