Need suggestions for where to sell something online

@coffeebreak (17824)
Not sure if this is the right category but can't find one I think it should be in, so maybe y'all can help me. I am helping a friend sell her corporation. It was a trucking company and she closed it but has all her corporation/permits/licenses etc still valid and she wants to sell all this to someone that can use it to start or elaborate their trucking business. I don't know lot of the details yet, but what i need to know is ....where do I advertise to sell something like this? I know Craigs List and Ebay but I prefer not to have to deal with Ebay and other than those, and of course the newspaper...where is a good place to sell something like this? Thanks for any comments or suggestions
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Other then those two the only thing I can think of is social networking sites, or job sites. On Myspace you can put "classifieds" up for your area someone who is serious about it may see it, also with job postings, I'm not sure if you can really do that but it's worth a try to see if you can post selling a business. Maybe she could sell it to a trucking business already out there, they may want to expand? Sorry I'm not really good in business but I wanted to respond since it's been a day without a response. I hope these suggestions help, if not I hope that someone who can help you will see this now that I've responded. Have A Great Day!
@coffeebreak (17824)
Appreciate the response. I dont' know where to start, so I started here. I was hoping that a smaller trucking company would be able to take the corporation. The only reason they are closing is cause in California they did a ban on trucks prior to 1994 being able to pick up material at the docks - environmental issues and all. This company had 1993 and being small as they were, couldn't afford to buy new trucks, so they had to close. But it was a thriving business since 1964.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Oh how sad to have to close after being opened for so long. I hope that someone will be able to buy them out though! Good Luck in helping your friend search for ways to sell the company!
@TheWebGuy (244)
For free and decent visibility I would also suggest Craigslist. Easy to sign up and use and just make sure you check replies to your contact email. You should get some results.