I see a flood of YELLOW, ORANGE, DARK GREEN....my!What wonderful colors!

@Theresaaiza (10410)
Australia
I'm actually talking about the colors representing the political candidates for the May 10, 2010 elections here in the Philippines. I'm sure most of you have set your eyes on the colors yellow or orange. Actually, there is one candidate that truly impresses me. No, he doesn't use his ancestry (father or mother)for his campaigns, or his being "truly poor" as a child who later on succeeded in life, or someone who underwent impeachment trials and seems to be back to retaliate..., Or flies an airplane! Just someone with a great track record, who claims to plan to TRANSFORM this almost hopeless country. Well we all have our own choices, don't we? BUT, this candidate don't stand a great chance of winning according to surveys. Even after knowing his status on the surveys, would you still vote for this candidate because he or she is your choice regardless of his standing on the surveys? Or would you vote for someone else who seems to have a greater chance of winning? For some, the popularity or likeability of winning matters. so they shift. Should surveys influence your decision?
@uniqueorn (1011)
I have Gordon and Gibo as my top two bets for the presidential seat. Gordon is proven and tested. He is someone I assume could run the country well.
@Theresaaiza (10410)
Go for red, If I were you.Just kidding. It's good that you are trying to really decide wisely. I hope we can really be instruments for our country's change. People now have hearts hardened with indifference because of the many crisis we are going through.
I'd vote for gordon because GIBO can still run for 2016 Presidential Race. gibo is also brilliant but he needs more experience in his track record.unfortunately, things hasn't really changed that much. a lot wanted to be paid just for them to vote, or should they allow vote buying.
@Theresaaiza (10410)
People should not be that stupid. They are only looking at the present without any foresight on the consequence of vote-buying. And also, not voting is as bad as selling votes. People must exercise their right.
@jpso138 (7844)
I think we have the same candidate in mind. Unfortunately however, I do not think that our candidate has a chance of winning. Well, I have long accepted the political situation in our country. I know there is no one to blame except us considering that we are the ones who vote. Well, I do not let the surveys affect my decision. I vote based on who I think is good based on character and principle.
hello jpso, if that is what you say so then that's fine. i don't think he will win but i am optimistic since he has all the qualifications. it's the people who should decide and not the endorsers. trouble is that people wanted to be dictated and wanted something in return for the vote
@Theresaaiza (10410)
They say that every politician has his/her own demon/evil and that the candidate we will choose is the one who is the lesser evil. They also say a lot of negative things about our "manok" but at least he is an evil with a lot of good accomplishments.
@tokouchi (370)
If surveys were somehow a reflection of how the elections would turn out, then why bother having an election? The thing is, surveys are set up to condition the minds of Filipinos on who has a chance on winning and who does not. The problem with this country is that voters don't think as much and just goes through the motions. They do not research about the candidates.
@Theresaaiza (10410)
EXACTLY! We don't research on our candidates. That's why it helps when we also hear negative comments about our candidate because somehow it opens our minds and stirs our curiosity. There really is a need to dig deeper into a person's reputation.