its burning hot!

@redphile (2265)
its just so hot right now, i would want to turn on the air conditioning for the whole day. Its summer here and i heard from experts that its most dangerous to come out and be exposed to the sun from 10am to 2pm. Its when the sun is scorching hot, that can give you like skin cancer or something. Oh what else can I do on a hot day aside from pulling up the electric bill coz of the AC? I just also dont understand how come other people loves to be under the sun so much..
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Redphile, We, Filipinos are really experiencing the heat of summer to the maximum level. it's okay to turn on our AC but gosh it's really very expensive. how i wish i have that luxury to enjoy the AC wholeday and overnight. It's not advisable to go on sunbathing now. So, if ever we can just enjoy swimming in the pool and if it's possible to look for a covered swimming pool it will be great!
@redphile (2265)
i dont use the ac everyday but the heat tempts me. Lol. And i also dont want to since im the only one paying the bill. I just went to pansol in a private pool resort, pool was covered so swimming was fun.
• Boston, Massachusetts
that's what i want to go to for this summer break. a covered pool. i don't weant to be stressed by the heat of the sun and its sunburn. good for you that you already enjoyed summer treating yourself to a swimming getway in pansol.
@redphile (2265)
but its different when when your on the beach which i want to experience this summer. But of course n0t too much exposure under the sun and with protection like sunblock or a hat.
@yresh12 (3219)
I feel you.. It's very hot. Good thing our place is located in a semi-province village. It's very windy and hot at the same time.It's not like in the city.You can feel the hotness, creeping on your skin...
@redphile (2265)
i know, its really here in the city. And the traffic adds up to the heat of the sun! Sometimes i would go to higher places like antipolo or tagaytay for a cool off weekend.
@yresh12 (3219)
Yeah. It is.. I was living in the city, when I get to my room. Very warm air comes out. I see your from Luzon.. Nice way to have a cool day.. I've never been to tagaytay or Anipolo..^^
@redphile (2265)
yup im here in meto rmanila, busiest and hottest of all places!
hie redphile, its hot here in malaysia. everybody prefers to stay in door except those working in the fields, they are 'burnt and burnt out'. what to do working for their rice and curry or in western style, working for bread and butter. many spent their weekend in malls and departmental stores, supermarkets and cinemas enjoying the free air conditioning. those at home, have the fans on full blast and air conditioning on running up hefty bills. water bills also shoot up as people take more baths. even pets take more baths too.the water springlers systems are on for more hours. the plants are flooded more than once a day or they withered and die due to the scorching sun. everybody waiting for the rain to come to cool the atmosphere here.
@redphile (2265)
i know in the provinces they do cloud seeding to produce rain because the fields have already dried out and we lose the harvest and crops go to waste. So sad that a lot have suffered because of el nino. I hope it rains soon! For all of us!
@redphile (2265)
thats true, we've had our own share of rotating power blackouts and it adds up to the heat. It turns off in the middle of the day! It is dry here especially in the province and the farmers suffers because crops go to waste. I hope this passes soon.
@ghieptc (2525)
I think we can go to a mall so that we can avoid too much heat of the sun. Treat our self with ice cream and take a cool bath.
@redphile (2265)
i love chocolate ice cream! Strolling the mall is also one of my favorite things to do.
@ghieptc (2525)
Me too I love chocolate ice cream. Strolling the mall will also good exercise to our body and avoiding the heat of the sun.
@redphile (2265)
though its still hot on the way to the mall. Lol. Dont have a car tsk!
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, redphile. Wow. We are still in the early 60s for our weather temperature.. It will be hot like this in May for us. I don't like to be in the sun too much myself. You can try wearing lighter colored clothing and not dark colored clothing. You can also, drink plenty of cold icy water too. Close your blinds to block out the sun. And, you can buy a heat draft to block out any heat that may come from the doors and the windows as well. Stay indoors as much as possible and avoid being in the sun. If you have to wear a hat that will block the sun's rays.
@redphile (2265)
ooh i hope it ends soon! Really hot and sometimes gives me a headache. I love to wear red but then ill try to wear lighter colored shirts.
Well, if you don't want to add more expenses for your electrical bill, I suggest that you go to a part or beach where the wind is so cool . .. You can go the farm too or be under the shade of a tree. In that case, you will get natural air. .. Have a good day.
@redphile (2265)
i hope i can do that everyday, but im in the city and have a regular job so i can just get away during may off.
if your had burning ,like a very hot then you get a ice and put on the had.by
@redphile (2265)
when its hot i drink cold ice water or take a cold bath.
I agree. It is so hot and it started while summer is not yet around. Now that April is nearing, we still have more 2 grueling months of terribly hot weather. I too don't get it why other would like to be under the sun. It's very dangerous to the skin and could really cause skin cancer. I have only been sunburned once when we had swimming classes. It does not feel good...it hurts.
@redphile (2265)
i hope it will just be a balance, because when summer ends and the rainy season starts, its kinda scary with the typhoons and all that.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well most of us dont like hot sun.. Even i dont like but my office timings are at 10am, so when i start its damn hot and all my dressings will get washed away in sweat. The summer is damn hot here, so we cant stay without an AC. But if its a mild sunny day, i love to go out have some sports with colleagues, as we refresh with lots of cool stuffs.
@redphile (2265)
my problem is that i cant get enough sleep because of the heat in the m0rning. I only go out at night when its cold, going to my place of work.
@phoenix8606 (4978)
hell0! here in my area/country the spring is already here and the temperature is not that high, but there are maybe 24-26 degrees and the weather is really great here!
@redphile (2265)
i just hope everyone gets the best of the weather wherever you are. I know soon it will change so lets all be patient.
@peavey (16866)
We're just getting into spring here, so hot weather doesn't sound too bad... but I remember summer days when it was just too hot to be outside. Is there some place you can go to cool off without using your own air conditioner? Grocery stores or other stores, malls or even museums or libraries or any place that runs their own air conditioners. That's where I've gone on those hot days.
@redphile (2265)
i would if i could but i have work every night and i have to sleep in the morning, when its so hot!
@setsuna26 (2410)
You got that right! its super hot in our place right now too!Well because its summer and the el nino too! try to drink lots of water so that the effects of the heat will be minimized, Bout the people who likes being under the sun, i believe thats because they enjoy being under the sun with some friends and family its their form of relaxation ;)
@redphile (2265)
woah i dont think i can relax under that hot sun! Yeah we need lots of water to prevent dehydration, and to refresh our feeling!