Would you call your family after 10pm drunk?

@free_man (7337)
My husbands brother called us after 10pm lsst night and wanted to come over here with a friend of his and drink! We were just getting ready for bed when he called. He wanted to bring this guy friend of his over here that we both just plain don't like. So would you call a family member that late in the eveing? Would you try to bring someone over to someones home that you knew they didn't like?
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
No, I'd respect them enough to not call them that late at night and especially not ask if I could bring someone they didn't like over. As is, my husband and I don't like going out that late at night anyway and it's too late to go visiting as is!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Cowgirl. His brother knows we are either going to bed or in bed this late in the evening. We don't party late in the evening. This brother don't respect even his mother so we know he don't respect us. Heck he leaves his wife at home and parties without her so he don't respect anyone.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
He's not going to far in life without respecting people, especially family. I guess like they say, it may come back to bite him in the butt.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Cowgirl. He don't respect anyone. It will come back to bite him in the butt if he goes to jail for driving while drunk his mother said she wasn't getting him out anymore. She has bailed him out a few times and is sick of him not showing her any respect. Oh well he will brung it on himself. He don't want a home because he would have to mow his own yard and he is plain too lazy to do that. He thinks life is a party and everyone should do as he says when he says it.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, free_man. No, I would not call anyone else's house that late at all. That is totally unacceptable. And I would not call drunk either. If you and your husband was about to go to bed, then have your doors locked and sealed for this night. No one unwanted should be able to get in then. I would never bring someone over to someones house that I know that they don't like. That is just rude and thoughtless.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Cream the brother is plain rude in my book any way. I know he knows we don't really care for this other guy. I also know that he knows we go to bed by that time of the evening. Oh well some never will learn how to be respectful.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
First of all I wouldn't call anyone after 10pm sober let alone drunk. I also wouldn't bring anyone to a family member or a friends house if I knew they didn't like him or her. It just wouldn't be a cool thing to do especially at that time of night. People need to respect others no matter family or not. I don't believe anyone in my family would ever put up with such behavior anyway.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Lelin. I wouldn't call or go to anyones home after 10 either if it wasn't already planned. But this man don't even respect his mother much less his brother. Heck he don't respect himself or his wife. My husband was so mad he didn't know what to say. We had worked all day and wanted to go to bed by that time of the day.
@phoenix8606 (4978)
no, of course :) no matter what time it is, i will not call them, because i just don't want to discredit myself and I will also feel very ashamed after that!
@free_man (7337)
Hi Phoenix. My husbands brother don't respect himself much less anyone else. He thinks it is cool to do what ever when ever he wants too. He won't feel ashamed of calling us that late. Even though he knows we get up pretty early cause we want to do something positive everyday.
@tomcat23 (623)
• Old Forge, Pennsylvania
At least your brother-in-law was considerate enough to let you know he was with the friend you don't like. It would have been worse if didn't let you know the friend was with him. As for calling that late at night, people tend to forget the time when they've been out partying, and that is indeed very inconsiderate of him, especially if he knows its your bed time. Your husband needs to have a serious talk with his brother and lay down the law.