is anyone using or earning from freelancer.com?

@DOLLYBABY (2536)
I am new to this whole freelancer thing...it was just a month or weeks back i introduce to freelancer websites during one of my previous discussions in earning money online...now that i am successfully created my freelancer account i have no idea how to get jobs and get paid for them..so i would want anyone or someone here to share their experience and tips on using freelancers.com or any other freelancers site to make money.i just need some useful tips and advise about freelancer sites and how i can successfully earn from them.
First, find a job you want and you think you can do in that site. You should bid on the job you wanted first, bid the right amount of money, then wait.........wait...........wait........ (lol) if the clients hire you then you can start your job
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
yea it's that simple...i just hate the fact that i have to bid on a job...when more than one person can bid on the same job or project...there's no guarantee that i will get the job.
To the best of my understanding, you have to find the jobs that you are interested in and then you submit a bid of how much it would cost the client to hire you to perform the job. Then, once the bidding period has ended, the client decides between all the applicants who they want to perform the job. To me it sounds like the work is a lot of hurry up and wait and then hurry up to get the specific task done.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
what makes me wonder is if you choose a job to bid on...and you bid a certain amount like $50 to complete the job...and you have been selected as the winner for the project...i wonder if the $50 is what you would be really getting for completing the job.
Hi hyperlaidback, I am so sorry to hear that. I've been using freelancer since Dec. of 2009 and so far I've found good and kind project provider who have been hiring me over and over and paying me on time. I think what we should do before placing our bid is to look and check the project provider profile. Check the number of positive and negative reviews. If the project provider don't have any reviews yet, I don't waste my time. They might scam me. I only choose to place my bid to project creator with positive reviews, so far they've been good to me. I'm earning $8/hr from my current job - I've found it on freelancer.com
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
Well thank you all for the tips on info on freelancer.
i also heard about the site and i wonder how it works too. i guess you need to wait also before if you win for your bid specially if theres too many who bid for that project. i didnt register there yet as im still trying to figure out how it works and if theres easy money from it and how much can i earn from them. im looking for a 50 to 100 dollars a month specially now that i dont have job. i guess i still need to read more and figure out what job suit me there.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
i hate the whole bidding process as it does seems like there's a 50/50 chance you will win the bid/project and there's another 50/50 that you won't win your bid..but i also realize it's seems like a easy way to make a decent amount of money...that's why i sign up in the first place...i just need some time to try to get the hang of using it...earning $50-100 a month would be good for me also too because i don't have a job.
@netcoder (276)
most of the work there are also signup like theyre just looking for referrals and not really a job that we are expecting for. we bid for the money we want then at the end they will ask us to signup for the site. so i guess its not really a good site.
@DOLLYBABY (2536)
oh...i hear u.