About the myLot search engine...

@dragon54u (31605)
I was going to add this onto my last discussion on the subject but I can't find it. I'm doing a series on Mayan ruins--very interesting work that I'm enjoying! But when I typed Tenam Puente into myLot search engine, I got ZERO results. I went to Google and got over 20,000 results! Alice, if you see this, can we get a better search engine than Yahoo? I realize that myLot must have some sort of business arrangement with Yahoo but I think most of the members here are not inexperienced newbies that need Yahoo's mindless simplicity. Anyone else got ZERO returns on the lame Yahoo search engine?
@ElicBxn (60805)
I have been sort of disappointed in the search engine of Yahoo here on the lot, but I have used it none the less with some success - I just wish there was a way to search WITHOUT losing what we had started with a discussion rather than having to open a new window to do the search in... Oh, Alice... can we have the search open to a new window?
@dragon54u (31605)
That's a very good idea! I hope they implement it. I use it when I'm researching articles but it's not proven much help so far.
• United Arab Emirates
I think yahoo's result is poor as you don't have
• United Arab Emirates
Enough results and the results are limited
@dragon54u (31605)
Very limited. I think they keep it very, very simple for people new to the internet, that's the only explanation I can think of for such dismal results.
@Aaleexix (2291)
You are right that in mylot search engine we get only a few results. And it can't get us a broad collection on matter we search. But as it is just launched and not commonly use so it is not well established. the database of searching will helps the admin to collect the information of searching matter. Mylot search engine is like an baby in the world of search engine. I hope that it will grown up and one day it achieves the standard of top rated search engine.
@dragon54u (31605)
I didn't realize that it could improve with use. I'll try using it first from now on.
@Aaleexix (2291)
Actually when we search something the database of search history helps the admin to add the link of the search matter. thus it is helpful to the admin to improve the effectiveness of the search engine.
@shibham (17025)
Hi dragon. The results of mylot search engine is limited to some extend. If u put some indigenous or dilectual terms, then u r not sure that u will get your results. I think this engine is yet to increase more.
@madteaparty (2763)
• Japan
It has happened to me too a few times, but I understand that the search engine has been launched short ago, so I guess it will still take a little time to become better and more useful for all of us
@dragon54u (31605)
I hope so, it's definitely not a good tool right now.
@bellis716 (4806)
Although I use Yahoo for some of my e-mail, I don't bother with their search engine.
@dragon54u (31605)
I don't even use it for email, just a group I belong to. I learned long ago that Yahoo is for people who are mostly computer illiterate.