Should I think I was robbed?

I bought some wholesale shirts from a man in la. I found him by his website. I western unioned him the money on thursday. He was to send me a tracking number and the colors of the shirts in the box. I still have not heard from him. I just tried calling and got no answer. I am already a wreck emotionally. I don't need to b out $208.00 and feel taken advantage of. But I am guessing I can't do anything about it seeling how I western unioned it.
Check with Western Union also. For some reason I want to say that they have a buyers protection plan. Don't know what is involved with this. But at least you they would of had a real id on the person that picked the transfer up. Hopefully he will pull through and contact you. Maybe it was just a delay on his part for some reason, you know thing happen beyond our control. Or maybe the items will just show up at your door and he forgot to send you the information. Hoping for the best for you.
He sent it with COD shipping so I was to get the shipping quote from him.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hello there.. I am really sorry for what happened to you. I think, online transactions should be given more consideration. I mean, from next time when you plan to buy something online, please do make sure that you're visiting a legit site... As for the matter in hand, you can file a complaint about this unknown fellow at the nearest police station. I hope that will work fine!! Good Luck!
How do I check if a site is legit or not? Thanks
@mr_pearl (5037)
I really don't have a clue about that... Or at least, I can't give you a definite advice as to 'how to check if it is legit or not'! The safest and surest way is to deal online with trusted sites like eBay and all... Have you approached police about this?
I got my tracking number and all is well. h was very busy and said how sorry he was to worry me.
@rosegardens (3044)
For that amount of money you can press charges against him if you do not hear from him in a reasonable amount of time. You have the receipt from Western Union. Perhaps Western Union can help you out as well, I do not know. For a purchase like that I would use a credit card so it can be reversed easily if the goods are not delivered. I hope you feel better!
• Marion, Kansas
Not everyone has credit cards. I do not, so I use Pay Pal. If I cannot use Pay Pal, I do not do business with people. I have usually had good results if I need to get my money back from PayPal helping me.
He needed me to copy my drivers license and credit card info for the purchase. Since my id is expired I knew it was a no go. So I sent it western union.
You can also do the research on the Website as one has suggested. Find out the hosting company, the ip address and get ahold of them and see if they can help. If nothing else by contacting the hosting company they may do something with that persons account if it isn't legit and ripping people off. I hope that helps. I pray you get the answers you seek.
He called me and all is well thanks
Sounds about right. I think you've been robbed. Just think of this as a lesson you learned. It'll be easier that way. Although the others are right. Track the site or atleast email him. Try to get a hold of him.
How do I track the site?
I'm sorry to hear that hun, have you tried to email again? Perhaps the guy is away for a few days or not able to get to his computer. What a shame you couldn't have used PayPal to pay him, then at least you might has stood a chance at getting your money back. The only other thing I can suggest is to try again to contact him and maybe find his phone number and call him
I have been emailing and calling him.
@chiepao (718)
uh, hi gifts. It's really hard to shop online and of course to pay the whole thing in one payment. If up until now there's now response from him, atleast track his site. Maybe through it you could track him down more. Hope you'll be able to hear from him soon. or else.. ack!
I hope so too.
I wish you would have asked about buying in this way before you did. They always say when buying online you should only use a credit card or paypal. I think this could have been a scam but it may be the person is busy. For me I would keep trying to contact him as much as you can. Did he give you a phone number? If so I would start calling too:) Also if he gave you a tracking number have you checked it?
@irent23 (148)
• Dubai, United Arab Emirates
ohh!!how bad...I hope you can track on him as soon as possible.$208.00 is a big loss.
@mariposaman (2967)
I am glad he has responded and hope you get your shirts. While there are lots of legitimate sites on the internet there are also lots of scammers so I understand why you would be worried. I think you should arrange for a credit card or PayPal so you can reverse the charges if there is a dispute. I do not know the details so cannot comment further, but until I establish an ongoing business relationship I am always distrustful. Certainly a Better Business Bureau check and a thorough internet search for the business is in order.
• Marion, Kansas
I would be like you, very nervous. I do not know much about sending money by Western Union. I hope, as someone has said, that you can track him that way. I think Western Union is frequently used by scammers.