Why Buy The Cow...

Cow...Cow...Cow... - Cow...
@twoey68 (13662)
Ok, most women have heard the phrase “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free”, well women have come back with their own “Why buy the pig for a little bit of sausage” LOL I saw that the other day and loved it…Hubby did not. I told it to my Mom and she sprayed a mouthful of coffee across her kitchen table…she loved it, her husband did not. My friend up North loved, her b/f did not. In fact, no guy that has heard it has found it amusing. Why is it supposed to be so funny when the cow part is said about women but so insulting when the pig part is said about men. I would love a T-shirt with this on it…I think it would be great LOL Do you think it’s funny or does it offend you? Why do you think men don’t like it? Would you wear a T-shirt with this on it? [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
you should design the t-shirt and a line of coffee mugs and bumper stickers. you could be rich.
• Marion, Kansas
Hey, this is an excellent idea. I know that there is a site out there that lets you do that, and sell them, without actually producing them until they are ordered. I just need to find it.
• Marion, Kansas
Design and sell your product line through Cafe Press. It may be a good source of income. My hubby laughed, when he "got it".
@paula27661 (15900)
I found it funny and you guessed it my husband did not! I asked me why the first saying is supposed to be funny and directed at females but when it’s turned on the men they don’t like it and he replied that he had not heard the female’s version either…Yeah!...Sure...I would consider a t shirt with the saying on it, my husband would not be seen with me of course...I think they don't like it because it hurts their fragile egos!
That is absolutely hilarious. I don't know that I would wear a t-shirt with that saying on it, but it would be a great thing to have on a bumper sticker for your car. I think that you hit the nail on the head with this in a certain sense though. Men think that the "Why buy the cow when the milk is free" statement is funny and true, but women are insulted by it. Therefore, it would only make sense that women would think that the saying in reverse would be funny while men would be insulted by it.
@walijo2008 (4649)
I think its funny, I don't think I would wear the t-shirt, but it is funny. I guess why men don't like it is because they think its offensive to them. Goes to show you how sensitive men really are..haha.
@dragon54u (31407)
Men don't like it because they think they are special, their little sausages the best in the world and something that all women want. They think that women love that little thing and pine for it above all other sausages on earth! When you tell them that funny little saying, it tells them that they are just one fish in a big ocean and takes away their dominant status. I'm willing to bet that you're just telling the wrong men, though. I know quite a few guys here on myLot that would laugh at that little pearl of wisdom! The men that don't think it is funny have serious self-esteem issues. But then, about 80% of men do because their lives, their brains and everything that matters rest between their legs.
@mysdianait (64068)
When you find a T-shirt please inform. They would make a perfect gift for some of my female friends over here!
@BarBaraPrz (18492)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I think men don't like it because it cuts too close to the bone.
@mysdianait (64068)
Pork chops would be even closer
@twoey68 (13662)
LOL I agree...for some men, way too close. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@scififan43 (2440)
This is a funny story that you have told. However I am not fimualar with the expression. I am not sure what it means either. or how it is being used. but I think I get the comback for the ladies.
@twoey68 (13662)
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free basically means why marry a woman when you can sleep with her with no commitment. As for the other part why buy the pig for a little bit of sausage...well, the pig is referring to men and well, the rest is understandable :) [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b
ok I thought it has something to do with that. lol.
@drannhh (15002)
I don't think anyone who is not offended by somebody comparing a woman to a cow should have the nerve to be offended by being called a pig. If we stop to think about it, women are compared unfavorably to many, many animals, whereas there are but a few I have ever heard used to poke fun at a guy. So what comes around ought to go around eh? Maybe if we called them more names they would think twice about the names they call us. Like "chick" and "old hen" and the female dog in heat and all the rest. Down with the double standard. CHIT YES, I would wear that -- just not to church, rflol.
@twoey68 (13662)
That's what I was thinking too but I don't think they care about the pig part it's the "little sausage" part...as one poster put it...they don't like anything that even comes close to questioning their manhood. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@drannhh (15002)
Yet they refer to their wives as the "little woman" and expect us to take that silly nonsense with smiles instead of rage. Oh well. When I was in college they had a quaint custom of taking a yardstick (in your dreams, huh?) and measuring the sausages and the longest one got an annual prize.
@JJ4Ever (4704)
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! WOW - the women fight back! Took them long enough - he he! Obviously, I'm not offended by this. I just read it to my husband, and he got a chuckle out of it. He's pretty easygoing so I figured he wouldn't be offended by it. Nice to get a laugh out of a man finally! That is really good, though. I'm glad we now have our revenge phrase. I probably wouldn't wear this on a T-shirt, to be honest with you, but I think it's great! Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom with all of us.
@twoey68 (13662)
I've never heard it before though I've heard the cow part for years and years. It's about time someone came up with a good comeback. I did think though, if a woman wore it on a tee shirt men would probably go around trying prove they didn't have a "little sausage" LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@JJ4Ever (4704)
That's a great point so perhaps it's better we leave the T-shirt part out...LOL!
@manleyjoe (1599)
What would God think of us if we were to show up at the gate to heaven wearing that tee shirt?
@twoey68 (13662)
Well, considering some of the things God has created, He must have a sense of humor and besides, if I show up at His gates to Heaven, He'll have more to deal with then my tee shirt LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@manleyjoe (1599)
I'm sure God does have a sense of humor but I was referring to the implied meaning of the Tee. I bet he can handle it though. Or maybe I am dating myself, but that type of writing on a Tee is not what my parents taught me as acceptable for public wear. Maybe we were prudes.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I think both are funny. Males are just being big babies. If they cant take it they shouldnt dish it out.
@manleyjoe (1599)
I agree, Happy mylotting to all here. One who laughs at oneself is much happier person, man or woman.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
Lol!!! Thats true. I even laugh at myself when im alone and noticed i messed something up.
@fwidman (11519)
That saying has been around a while. I found it funny when I first heard it and still think it's funny. See? Some of us guys can laugh at it Would I wear a tee shirt with that on it? Heck no! Nor would I wear one with the cow expression
@twoey68 (13662)
It's nice to see a guy with a sense of humor. I think we've only had two men post and neither seemed very amused LOL At least you wouldn't wear either shirt so you're being fair about it. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
Perfect comeback! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. Thank for sharing.
@twoey68 (13662)
I didn't come up with it but the woman who did deserves an award. I think it's great and I get quite a kick out of it. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I think it's hilarious. Men can't seem to get it through their heads what is good for the goose is good for the gander, lol. The word in that statement that gets their goat is 'little'. I never saw a man that wasn't proud of his package & thought it was the best. They are so concieted about that very thing. They can put it out but they can't take it especially if they think u are questioning their manhood. They are all just alike when it comes to that.
@twoey68 (13662)
They are rather sensitive whenever any remarks are aimed at their highly sensitive male ego, aren't they? They can't stand the thought that they don't always have the upper hand...it's nice to give that ego a little poke now and then LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@Destiny007 (5820)
This is a fine example of Sausage Envy...
@twoey68 (13662)
Somehow I knew you'd come up with something like this, dear Hubby LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@coffeebreak (17820)
I think it is funny and fitting! I mean, if the men can say it, why can't we? And if it offends them when we say it, maybe they will stop saying their part! Men don't like it cause it shows no respect to them. But they don't bother to consider that their's shows no respect for women. And they don't like it cause it doesn't give them the upper hand. They don't like it cause women can do what they do and they don't like that. I'll mention it to my husband and I guarentee you he will snort disgust at it and say what loosers women are if that is what they think. And he will say "well if all you want is a "little" sausage..." so I will have to change it to say "why buy the whole pig if all you want is some sausage?"
@twoey68 (13662)
I have been hearing that cow part since before I was a teenager which was some 30 years ago...talk about insulting. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
HI TWOEY; I'm LMAO here!! You hit the nail right on the head there (G)! I think its quite funny myself and I shall start using it LOL! There are sites where you can make your own T-shirts you know, you should do it I think you could sell quite a few of them; heck if I had the money to spare I'd buy one... take care thanks for the laugh...
@jdyrj777 (6558)
If you have a printer you can go to walmart and buy the iron on papers to make your own -tshirt with your computer. I saw a really funny t-shirt the other day too. It said on both front and back; How to keep an idiot occupied. (see other side) Lol!!!
• Marion, Kansas
I am going to suggest Vista Print for the tee shirt, at least according to another friend here. I would love to see the shirt, but I am not much of a message wearer. Hubby is asleep right now, or I would share with him. I think he would find it funny, actually, but then he does have a good sense of humor. I may come back and let you know.
@twoey68 (13662)
We actually have a place here in town that prints shirts, I may get this one printed up. A friend of mine says I ought to start my own shirt printing place... [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@sacmom (14336)
That's hilarious! I don't think I'd have the guts to wear a shirt that said that, but then again maybe I would. It would definitely depend on my mood as to whether I did or not, that's for darn sure! LOL Thanks for the laugh! Happy mylotting!