What would be the first thing you do with your money if you won a major lottery?

Vietnam
I think i will send my parents on a trip around the world^^ They 've worked hard their whole lives and deserve it :). And you, what if you won a major lottery? and why? let share your opinion!
@peaseniz (95)
I would make sure my parents were set and take care of them then I would make sure I am completely out of debt and then I would maybe do some traveling and start making some of my ideas and dreams come true.
I still don't know what to do if ever I won a big money maybe I'll just cross the bridge when I get there!
@sid556 (31006)
The first thing I would do I think would be to pay off all my debt just because it is an on-going stress factor. Then I'm not real sure what I'd do. I'm so used to having to be so careful with my money that it would take a bit I'm sure for it to sink in that I have no worries. Well, at least about money. I think it'd be a lot of fun to help people in need anonomously, you know...the ones out there trying and struggling that are not expecting it. I have family so of course, they'd be all set. Beyond getting a dependable car, I can't imagine changing up my life a lot. I like my little apartment and fairly simple lifestyle. I'm pretty content with what I have now. I don't sit around wishing I could afford more material things. Most of the time, I forget to buy a ticket so I'm sure none of this will ever be an issue anyway.
Depending on the winnings I would spend the money on a house situated on a remote island then i would invest some of the money into starting a low cost to free clinic for those who cannot afford to pay full price for expert medical care. i would also spend some money buying a golf cart, ATV, and the last of the money would be used with promisory and guarantee to help jump start the US budget deficit and turn around the economy issue that's it!
@thezone (9451)
Hi angelblue. I think I would buy a parrot or a goldfish
@CatGods (4596)
I would build a house out in the country. The house would be designed for my cats kind of like the house in Bob Walkers book "The Cats house". Oh it would be such a heavenly habitat for them. And of course the wouldn't look like a regular house, you know square in shape. I would build what is known as a earth ship which is made of all recycled materials going totally green. Then I would give some money to my son so that he could build his own house and stay home to do the things that he wants to do like gardening and growing his bonsai trees, working on his book which is a sword and fantasy book (he's a big R.A.Salvatore fan) and play his guitar. See right now my son is a over the road truck driver. He makes really good money but he has no time for himself. Then I wold give some money to my daughter of whom I lover dearly but I think she needs a reality check. See she doesn't believe in birth control and is having baby number 5 in a few months. She claims that the guy she is with is her husband but I don't know how that can be because he is an illegal in this country (U.S.) and has been for over 10 years. He is from India. He has a job but it cash under the table. She because a Muslim which is fine, it's her choice. And of course he's a Muslim too and works for other Muslims of whom as I said will pay him cash under the table. It's her life, but she's still my daughter and I would still help her if I won the lottery. And of course I would donate some money to our local humane society because it's a no kill humane society. Maybe I would even build a new wing and have them call it CatGods. See I just don't love cats, I worship them....LOL. I make the crazy cat lady look normal.
I will buy a house and lot for my family and all the things that we need and want. I will help our church too. I will also save a fund for my daughter's future. I will also expand our business and invest on other business.
@valkerion (1831)
I live in a city with many cafeterias near their the sea. To rent one of them you need about $30000 per month. So I was going to buy 2 of them and some houses that would have sea view and would just chill and enjoy my income
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is I would invest on buying a house and lot, 2 of them actually, one for my parents, and one for me ;) I would also buy a car. I like your idea of sending your parents on a trip, and I would do that too. I will send them for a vacation wherever they like ;). Maybe I'll have a major shopping spree to buy the things that I wanted. I will also share some of the prized money to help my relatives and give back to charity. The rest will be deposited in the bank for my future.
i will be true to myself, the things that i will do is buy a house and lot, car, electronic gadgets and the rest of my money will be deposited to the bank, i will also give some money to church and my relatives
@KompitaPita (2053)
• Bulgaria
I will buy houses and I will give them for a rent. I think the best investition is in properties. Then with the rest of the money, I will open my own Kids Shop, I will sell kids clothes and toys. This is my biggest dream - to own a shop.