Do you read more than the bestsellers?

I hear a lot of people saying that they won't read books they've never heard of by authors they've never heard of, and I think it's kinda sad. There are so many books, and you can't possibly read them all in a lifetime, so why would you restrict yourself to only the popular ones? Do you read books that are published by small press, self-published, or even just published online? Please share. What do you read that isn't a best seller?
@amybrezik (2123)
I agree with you. Reading only best sellers is sad. I have read a lot of good books that weren't best sellers or well known authors. I love the Real Vampires Series by Gerry Bartlett. I absolutely loved In the Lake of the Woods by Tim O'Brien. I have read a lot of book too that I didn't like, but I at least tried theem, because the only way a best seller becomes a best seller is if they get readers. I love to read anything, although I am not a huge fan of Science Fiction. I love to get recommendations because I love to read.
What you said is quite right.Not all good books can become bestsellers.Some books really worth reading but only a few people know and read them.
Well, I like to read bestsellers.Because I think since it can become a bestsellers,it must have something worth reading.But I don't read bestseller only.I like read books all I interested in.I love read some old books which it's on history or ancient poems.They bring me a lot of pleasure.
@dr9rim (247)
Well like you mentioned, there are too many books and can't possibly read them all in a lifetime. That's why I would read books that are recommended by my friends. That way I would read not just bestsellers. Whenever I see people reading books by unknown authors, I would go crazy wondering what that book is about. I would try to remember the author's name and go to a book store and find that book.
@McG1985 (75)
I read some best sellers if the topic is something I'm interested in. A lot of the times I read books that have been turned into movies just to see what the differences are and what not. I really just read according to my mood. On occasion I'll pick up a book from an author I've heard about and read some of their works. It's good to read things from people you've never heard of just to broden your interests.