Just What The World Needs - More Selfless People

Singapore
Someone was recommending against watching or reading the news because it's nothing but depressive. However, I just tend to disagree when news like the recent water rescue of 2-year-old Bridgette Sheriden, where a still unknown French tourist who, jumped in and after helping in the rescue of Sheridien Bridgette and Bridgette's own father David Anderson, walked way and took a cab to destinations unknown. The act itself is not only heroic but applaudable. I just wish that the world would have more selfless spirited individuals like this unknown French tourist. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/03/2010-04-03_east_river_rescue_tourist_saves_2yrold_daughter_who_fell_off_peking_ship_at_sout.html
That is heroic. I like to hear these types of news. It just makes my day brighter and full of life. It gives people inspiration for life and the good nature of human beings.
frontvisions101, My exact sentiments! It is heartwarming news like these that brings about perspective and balance into our harsh reality world.
@bwaybaby (904)
That man is a hero. These types of stories remind me that the world isn't always a terrible place. I only wish that there were more stories of people like this French tourist.
@megamatt (14327)
Yeah, I could really do with more news stories like this. I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting a bit of tired of hearing about the stupidity of people and all of the bad things that are happening in this world. I am ready to hear something uplifting and positive. You got to have balance and I think far too much has been piled on the bad end of the scale these days for my liking. Still it is nice when someone jumps in and makes a rescue. This person should be commended for their heroics. As much as we do not like to admit it, this world is full of selfish people are looking out for number one. Perhaps we have personally had these unfortunate moments. Still, to see someone pull such a rescue, it gives thought that there is actually some hope for the human race in general. And I just know I am going to read something that some destroys that hope, but at the moments when I hit the post response button, I am optimistic and hopeful. Hopefully that is not ruined too soon.