Are you friends with your neighbors?

Most of the times neighbors can be your best friend- but there are also times that they can be your enemy. We get along with all of our neighbors except this one family- it's not really the family- it's just the father... We are in conflict with him for doing the right thing.[well it's a private matter "secret"] And now he's spreading bad rumors about us- which is just awful. What should we do- we just did what we thought was right and he was angry about it...Many people also complain about his behavior..
only one i can think of,she's been there 30 years. the other people moved away,leaving us with new,standoffish neighbors. but i'd rather they keep to themselves than be pain in the *sses. if your other neighbors know he's a pain in the *ss,i wouldn't worry about it. if he becomes a problem,talk to city hall/cops/landlord,whatever applies. our new neighbor to the west was a haughty snot to all the old residents in my neighborhood up til the time her 14 yr old gave birth in the house and she had no clue.stopped her cold talking about other people tho.
@Grat15 (416)
I had the same problem with my neighbors about 3 or 4 years ago. Yes, we were angry, just like you, but we never care about the rumour. If other naighbors ask to me or my wife, we always ask them "what do you think". I never care what they say, as long as I am right.
@Grat15 (416)
I had the same problem with my neighbors about 3 or 4 years ago. Yes, we were angry, just like you, but we never care about the rumour. If other neighbors ask to me or my wife, we always ask them "what do you think". I never care what they say, as long as I am right.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, stanley777. Our downstairs neighbors don't talk to us because of the bad situation about the constant noise in our apartment... Long story here.. And our neighbors in front of us, are okay. The lady speaks to me and to my kids all of the time. Her daughter spoke to me, but not her sons.. The people below them, I have not had a chance to meet, they stay to themselves a whole lot. I would not worry too much about your neighbors. They should not spread rumors about you all, since you have tried to direct them on doing the right thing. They are just mad because you told the what was right and now they can't handle being wrong. They will just have to learn how to deal with someone showing them the right way. I would not say anything to them anymore. And don't try to explain yourself when someone mentions to you anything about the rumor that they have spread. Carry on with your normal life as before and let God handle these neighbors of yours the way that he sees fit.
@syankee525 (6295)
where i live at its in a court. there is like 12 houses near me and i can say yes i am freinds with all who lives by me. except one lady next door to me. but with one she tells me my family is like her family.
If my neighbor is kind or even kind looking then I could be friends with them.But if they are suspicious looking then I would back off from them also.
@razim17 (194)
If you do the right thing then there is no reason for you to be worried.Justice will surely prevail so just act the same way and dont spark the fight and maybe it will only be the matter of time before all goes well.
@lady1993 (16863)
No..well, when i was little..i don't really socialize or loiter outside our house..it's dangerous..
@monkeylong (3147)
Yeah, as far as I am concerned, I think I have a very good relationship with my neighbors. We just usually eat together and chat together, which give us a lot og fun in our daily life.I enjoy the relation ship so much with my neighbors days together.
@greyz7 (860)
hi, we have lots of neighbors here, but not all are my friends, just acquaintances.
@basqui (3890)
Well, her in my place, we have lots of neighbors and we almost know almost each other. There are some neighbors who are really friends. But there are some who tend to be friends but speak words when you are not there. It's like your case above. They come for help but once they have overcome their problems, they will start to spread rumors. They are what we call in our country "plastic", meaning they only act angelic when you are near them but once you have left, they are devilish or demonic that they want to destroy your reputation.
@cloud31 (5811)
I don't know if its called friends,in my place we seldom see our neighbors when there's a time to be with them in the elevator then we just greet each other, aside from that I we don't have chance to see other again.. But of course I still consider them as friends and they are very kind faces too. Hope I get a chance to know them! Good day
in our province people there are so friendly and we even exchange food for each other. but in the city and here in my place, well i dont even know who are my neighbors as we seldom see each other coz most of the time we just stay inside.
@anurag3786 (6275)
I always make friendly behavior with my neighbors.. because i think if you are friendly with your neighbors then they helped you always.. and you don't feel any problem with them.. so i always be frank with my neighbors.. have a nice day and keep mylotting always..
@Grat15 (416)
Today we don't have much contact with our neighbors. When we are home, we will just close the door and we hardly see each other. This is why I am not familiar with my neighbors. When we occasionally see each other when we go out, we will just say hi and that's all. I love China
@dwipa93 (143)
leave him alone, ignore him, you've got your own life to live, what do you thing good, do it
Neighbours = friends? No way! We're on bad terms. They're extremely inconsiderate. Their potted plants blocked our window (resolved) and the daughters' laughter is annoying the hell out of us. And I'm sure they're eavesdropping on us too! The father sometimes stops right by our door (we're in an apartment) for no reason. Strange.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi stanley, some of my neighbors are really friendly, hospitable and helpful good people. We have been knowing one another after my marriage. Now they have become my good friends. We always try to help one another when needed. We share festival desserts and cookies when celebrating our respective festive days. Yeah, some of them are different races and having different religion. Just similar to your case, we do have a neighbor who lives two houses away from mine. She lives alone and doesn't like to mix with others. I saw her stole something from one of my neighbors. I shouted at her and tried to stop her from doing that. She ignored what she heard and pretended she listened nothing and flied to her house and closed the door tightly. Though my neighbor next to my house knew this later she felt angry of course but she refused to take any further action, for the disgusting culprit is really an irrational lady Therefore what we all have to do is to take good care of our belonging. Take care and happy posting
• Mexico
I am not friends with most of my neighbors because im a white kid in a black society. Only the house next to me im friends with. Well man i think you guys should talk to him and if thats not possible, like you mentioned he has a reputation for what he does so people wont believe him about what he says.