I Messed Up A Leapfrog!

@erikmama (12929)
I win the award for "Best Proof You Shouldn't Be Trying ToWrite At ThisTIme". A couple of days ago I decided to go onto Helium and doa couple of leaprfrogs to try to improve my rating.So Imade the first one fine, and after I had finished with the second my son and his friends had drove me so crazy I submitted it without doing spell check...And I knw there were plenty of spelling errors inthere! I can not believ that I done this! But in between their arguing over a toy,the baby crying,etc.etc.I was trying tohurry up.So I guess it is strike 2 im out! LOL! Have you ever done this on Helium? How about another site, have you messed up a 2nd chance?
@mommaj (22894)
That's horrible. There are two things to do. First, if you have enough leapfrogs, re-leap the article in hopes of correcting it. If that doesn't work for you contact helium or even one of the channel stewards, preferably the one that your article will be under and explain to them that you need to fix the article. They might help you fix the situation. Try to be as specific as possible about what is wrong with the article and what needs to be changed.
@erikmama (12929)
Thanks fo the info...I did not know I could leapfrog a leapfrog,but I will go back and see if my frogs can jump the right way this time!LOL! I think contacting them is a great option.I just figures they would tell me to bad so I didn't do it.I think it is fine except for my typing errors.
@mommaj (22894)
They want their website to reflect quality writing so it is in their best interest to help you fix typos. I can never get the email contact right, but I see someone has provided it. I always send it to the general email. It's a wonder anyone responds. LOL I am sure you will be able to fix it without too much problems. Good luck.
I've yet to start writing with Helium. However, I can definitely sympathize with you over the shouldn't be trying to write at that current time. I find that this happens to me all the time. I will think that my children are occupied and that I will be able to get some work done on the computer. Just as soon as I get logged onto the site that I am planning to work on, they need a little bit of anything and everything and it has a tendency to nearly drive me insane.
@erikmama (12929)
It is very hard for anyone with kids to work at home on a computer, much less actually have to think of something in the process!! My son seems to have that very same syndrome...Fully entertained til mommy starts to do something. He is good about it sometimes, and at other times that syndrome hits him really hard...It drives me crazy too! Hopefully soon you can start to work on Helium and write.It is very rewarding, and can be fun!
@Shellyann36 (11257)
ericmama sorry that happened! I hope you will be able to resolve the problem! I am getting up my nerve to try my hand at Helium.... Still working on that courage though. I really want to begin writing and turn it into a career here at home. Good luck to you and keep us posted for what you decide to do and how it turns out for you!
@erikmama (12929)
Ive been a member since August of last year.Since I have joined I can say my writing has improved 100%. You never know til you give it a try, and I can say that Helium is a great site to write for.Once you make the star it is fast earning money.It takes some time to write,but can be decent money if you combine a few sites. I will hopefully have the issue resolved soon! If not, o well, I know better next time!
I have messed up plenty of leapfrogs.One way to fix them is with typofix. Just send an email to typofix@helium.com asking them to fix it. An example would be: In the first sentence, please change the third word from cattle to battle. They fix it and your article does not have to be re-rated. Your current rating seems fine to me. I have done much worse at times!
@erikmama (12929)
Oh wow, thanks for that info! You guys are giving me some really great info that I was not aware of.I will go back to helium ronight and hopefully I can get the issue fixed with one of these suggestions. I am happy with my star level,but I really would like to see a 4!
I have done this on helium. I left out a complete paragraph. Total bummer. Luckily it was rated by someone who actually read the article. And it was not approved. But that really really sucks.
@erikmama (12929)
Atleast they caught it before it was posted!! I can not beieve that I done that, but atleast I am not alone! LOL! Yep, sucks it does.
@Canellita (12058)
Erikmama, the last thing you want to do is rush through your helium content. I see that this discussion was started two months ago. How has your Helium experience been since then? Have you improved your score?
@erikmama (12929)
I now have my 4th star/My writing on Helium is ok I guess.I know I shouldnt rush through the articles I write,but sometimes, such as thi situatuon,I thought I would be able to write.I now go back and read before!
@Canellita (12058)
Congratulations on earning that 4th star! This means you only have to write a handful of articles to empty titles to get the minimum for payout each month. If your performance payments are good you can do a batch of articles for Helium at the beginning of the month and then focus on another site.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Erikmama. That's the problem, isn't it, when you can't concentrate on your writing? I'm lucky in that I have no children to distract me, but sometimes my husband can be even worse! I can't say I've messed up a leapfrog on Helium, although a couple of times I've thought the leapfrog was a big improvement, yet it was rejected. I think that's just down to some raters not reading it, as I always make changes in the opening paragraph. I did make a bad mistake in a response on here once, so I put in a comment to correct it and made the same mistake again! I felt a bit of an idiot over that one, but at least it gave the other responders a laugh!
@erikmama (12929)
I should not have been trying to write at that exact moment,but I try to set goals for the number of articles I write in a day and was trying to make that deadline.But I know better now, and won't do it again! LOL!! Husbands are just overgrown children to begin with! HAHAHAHAHA! I have did some stuff like tha before.It happens to the best of us.I have gotten some great suggestions here though, so hiopefully I eill be able to have another chance at it!
@scheng1 (24741)
Dont worry, erikmama, you can always leapfrog the same article again and again. The only thing is that you have to wait for a week before the second leapfrog. I usually change the first paragraph when I leapfrog my article. I find that an interesting introductory paragraph always push the ranking of the article higher.