Life is a roller coaster . . . are you enjoying the ride?

Life certainly has its ups and downs. It's like a roller coaster ride . . . what a thrill (sometimes, anyway). For a while, we were going on the downside, financially speaking. A few months back, my husband's over time was cut (and he was able to get a load of over time) . . . and that set us back in some steps. On top of that, everyone at his work was put on salary - which was not a good thing. Our financial situation was looking a bit scary (not to mention the company's status wasn't looking too hot either) . . . for a while all seemed to be going down, down, down. BUT My husband got super active on searching for a new job . . . and he found one rather quickly!! Apparently this company is surviving well in this economy and has tons of work pouring through . . . and off the bat, he will be getting the over time again that will really help us. This time we won't rely so much on the over time. Today is his last day at the old company . . . hopefully we're headed up, up, up again! Are you on a roller coaster ride? How are you doing on your ride? I'm glad I'm on the ride (I just hate waiting in line - hee hee).
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Bad day to ask. lol
Not Yet Started..I've to start it :)
Awwwww, dawnald . . . I'm sorry!! There's always tomorrow . . .
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
The afternoon was much better! :-)
I feel thrilled with new things. I can't keep still if I see new environment. Taking pictures can make me satisfied. Any challenges can be a feeling thrilled.
New things as well as challenges can be a thrill (a good thrill or a bad one, depending on the situation). These are the things that keep us going in life - otherwise it sure would be pretty boring! Thanks, Shavkat!
@polino (55)
all i can say is, its just the natural cycle of life, everything in this world of ours has its ups and downs, no matter how better off somebody is, one will experience a downtrend in ones lifetime, may it be our own life or the economy, it will go down at some point but the best part is it will truly come back up like in a roller coaster ride.
Oh yes, the economy has definitely put some more ups and downs to this roller coaster ride . . . lots of bumps and scary parts! But hopefully things will smooth out and we get to the fun parts eventually - it just takes time. I agree these ups and downs are just a natural cycle of life - it's just the way it is.
@cher913 (25895)
while i like my life and my abilities, i would love my life to change right now. hubby has been out of work since last august and i am battling a bunch of health issues presently.
Sorry to hear that! Sending out good vibes your way that your husband finds work soon and that your health gets better very soon. I know in the roller coaster of life there are some hairy moments, but then there are the smooth parts that we all can look forward to. You take care, ok?
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes, life is indeed a roller coaster ride. The important thing is how you ride it. If you constantly complain about life, then it would be quite difficult. But if you accept such truth, then you will be living life with success. I do have my share of ups and downs, but still I find life great and wonderful. The important thing is to think positive and find a way to solve the problem when everything seems to be going down and cherish the moments when life is going up.
Staying positive is a key to enjoying the roller coaster ride. Why be miserable through the ride, right? Life is full of ups and down - just like the ride - so either make use of it or sulk. Life is wonderful, but it's also what you make of it.
@geniustiger (1699)
Nice description of what life is. I am in the downpart of the roller coaster now. I'm in the sad thing as these days. Striving and working hard for the betterment of it. I have long hope that I can survive and solve this soon. I just need more time to toil and sow. I have also experienced the upward ride lately and now thios is the result of happiness I had.
Sorry to hear you at the down part of the ride at the moment. But this only means there's only one way to go . . . and that's up . . . so hopefully you are on your way! I hope you can resolve whatever you are going through soon . . . as long as we are taking steps to move forward - you will. Take care and strive well on your roller coaster ride!
@kyleuy (271)
Roller Coaster - This roller coaster is located here in the Philippines. This is one of the best roller coasters here, it is called Space Shuttle! :)
Yes, I am enjoying the ride even if there are some problems going my way as well I know I'm still moving forward and Enjoying the ride of life with my family and friends. I am actually in my way out to meet my friends again! my group of friends since grade school. We have been together for more than a decade now.. Hope you are enjoying the ride too. :) God Bless!
Exactly - there are ups and downs, but in a roller coaster ride there is only one direction to go - and that's going forward. Sure there are bumpy parts (oh and they give me headaches), but eventually you get to the smooth parts. That's great you have such good friends with you on your ride!!!
Yes its true. Just like riding a roller coaster. You will be scared and hard time because its moving too fast. But when its finish you will so much better because you know you did it well riding to the roller coaster.
Hee hee - yes, the roller coaster of life can be scary at times, eh? Well, that's the risk we take going on this ride . . . and in most cases we come out of it alive - hee hee! And to survive the ride, we can all look back and think what a marvelous ride it was!
@ridwan08 (1184)
yes,you're right.life is like roller coaster,sometimes ups and downs.that means of life.we must learn from experience about life.we can take something positive about life.life is mystery.but i face this life with smiling and optimistic. have a nice weekend
There is so much to learn in life. So of course we are going to have many ups and downs - and hopefully we gain knowledge from it all. You're so right that life is a mystery - and it's ongoing - we never fully solve all there is out of life!! Good for you for smiling and being optimistic - we need more people like you!!
@p3ks626 (6552)
If this life isnt like a roller coaster ride then I think I'm not really gonna enjoy it. HAving ups and downs in our lives are just part of it and it will only depend on us on how we are going to handle our situation. This life is full of things that we need to learn from and making these efforts are gonna require a lot of sacrifices on our part but I believe it will turn out okay in the end.
I agree. Life is full of ups and downs just like a roller coaster ride - once you're on the ride, there's nothing you can do. So you can either enjoy or it not. Might as well look on the positive side of things, eh? Yes, we must make a lot of sacrifices in life, but do it knowing that it's worth doing. Hopefully we will all be okay in the end!
@angelajoy (1840)
Congratulations to your husband for finding a better job very quickly, and I do hope it does turn out to be better. Like him, I also rely on overtime work to increase my monthly income. My salary by itself will just not be enough because I don't just aim to have enough money to cover all my expenses. I also aim to save lots of money so that I would have a little bit of security. I do enjoy this roller-coaster life. I think without the bad things in life I would never learn to appreciate the good things, so I'm thankful for all of my experiences.
He has started his new job and is feeling so much better about everything. The outlook looks very good. Yes, saving money as much as you can is so important - particularly in this economy. I know that we've had some emergency expenses, so having a bit of savings has saved us for sure. Glad you are enjoying your roller coaster ride . . . we should all be thankful for everything we have and do!
I agree that life is a roller coaster! That's the reality! Am I enjoying it? No, I don't enjoy the fact of it being a roller coaster, but for sure I am enjoying life itself! The ups and downs in life are spices to make it savored, seized by us. They are nutrients to our human system, to make us stronger, contented, happier and peaceful. Money matters, are just part of it.
Yep, the ups and downs of like make life all too interesting . . . and if the ride makes us better people (no matter how crazy the ride gets), then we should just sit back and take it for what it is. I agree money matters are just a segment of it.
@palonghorn (5490)
It is a roller coaster all right. Just when you think things can't get any worse, you're headed back up the slope. If it weren't for the low points we might not appreciate the highs so much. The past 5 years have been a really great ride, there were some dips in it, but there were plenty of hills I climbed to the top of. Everything is kinda evening out for now, but as with anything, expect the unexpected. Life is a ride, it's not where you're going, but how you get there.
That is so totally true. You never know what's going to happen . . . and it's always a thrill no matter how many times you go on the roller coaster ride. Yah, there are points when you just plateau, but you never know . . . the next dip can be a doozy - hee hee! Isn't life amazing?!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Congratulations to you and your hubby! I am so glad he's able to find a job so quickly and that he'll be getting overtime right off the bat! As for me and my husband, we've had a bit of a roller coaster but we're kind of at the top where it does a bit of a small s shape. We've not got many bills yet but we were going to get a car then I got laid off... Well we're doing alright.
Thank you, SomeCowgirl! We are so thrilled my hubby got out of that other job just in time . . . life starts anew for him on Monday - he's really excited. Ahhhh, the small s shape - I think I know what you mean!!! Oh no about the lay off! We almost bought a car a few months ago - now I'm so seriously glad we didn't (would have gotten in trouble the past couple months for sure!). Glad you're doing alright . . .it all works out somehow!
Roller coaster, a good term coined for a life. Its true that good and bad things happen for a person during his life time. but then it is really a base to learn a lot during the ups and downs.This life cycle tend to rotate like a roller coaster and it all depends upon the individual to handle and overcome that obstables.People should never heart broken for bad things that happened to them at that moment because they are going to meet a very good bright future there after. Never look back and think postively.
Yes, it is all a learning experience. We appreciate the up times when we are down . . . and we can reflect on the down times when we are up. It would be nice if more people had a positive outlook like you!
i'm still at the roller coaster train and i pretty enjoyed it. although i know that now i'm somewhere in the middle, but i don't know whether i'm going up or down. both still will be a hell of a ride, and i will enjoy it no matter what comes :)
Good for you!! It's great when the ride is good . . . enjoy it all you can! Maybe you can have the excitement of a loop or two on your roller coaster ride - hee hee!! The fun part is not knowing where you're going, but you're on your way!
Yup. I'm also in it and i'm still rising up to the top. Lol. I hope i reach it cuz i've been waiting for it for a long time. I'm currently managing a business while doing a day job. -don't ask how-. Anyway, i'm trying my best to make this mini business of mine grow and so far it's growing one baby footsteps at a time. I'm not complaining though.
Best of luck with your business . . . I hope it keeps going uphill! Whatever it takes - even if it is baby steps - as long as you are moving forward - that's the important part. Having your own business will pay off in the end as you will be your own boss . . . so keep on working hard at it!!