Gay Marriage

Do you believe in gay marriage, do you think the issue of gay marriage should be brought up in the next election? What do you think of Prop 8? Should prop 8 be overturned and stay overturned? I do believe in gay marriage, as a gay woman I do believe I should have the same right as every one else. Some will bring up religion and certain beliefs pertaining to that. All I have to say is it shouldn't matter God still loves me and what other people think doesn't matter. If and when I decide to get married, it will have nothing to do with other people. That's why I don't get why people say gay marriage will ruin the sacredity of marriage between men and women. If people get married for the right reason, why should it matter who they marry. Love is Love. When it is between two people in true commitment other people should not matter. For that reason I do not support prop 8 and I think it should be overturned and stay that way, not like before when it was denied and then approved. Outside people should have no barring on who should and who should not get married or be allowed to marry or not. Marriage is between two people not the all world. That's my opinion, What's yours?
I think it should be one issues. I personally am not in favor of it. There goes morality and population going down. I honestly would prefer to legalize contraceptives over gay marriage.
@sid556 (31006)
contraceptives are already legal here in the states. As far as morality, gay marriage is the very least of anyones concern or business for that matter. Or at least it should be. By that I mean that we all have a lot more to be concerned about in the world right now. People should be putting their energies towards something other than judging what two consenting adults are doing behind closed doors!! As for the population going down...well, hate to break it to you but gay people have been around since the beginning of time and still the population keeps on growing and growing. If you are really concerned about the population going down then what do you think contraceptives do?
@sid556 (31006)
Hi goodgirl, I do believe that gay people should be allowed to marry and deserve all the same benefits as married couples do. Truthfully, I think that as far as the benefits go that any two people whether they be a couple or just very good friends should be able to enter into a legal commitment that gives them the same rights and benefits as married couples. I am not gay but if I chose to have a good friend live with me to share in expenses etc. then why if we choose to do so can we not get the same insurance benefits and tax benefits etc. People get married each and every day that really do not love each other. The government doesn't seem to care if they really love each other and are right for each other...only that it is a man and a woman. I have a guy that is a great friend but nothing romantic. I could marry him tomorrow for all the legal benefits and that'd be perfectly fine only because he is a guy. I could not form the same arrangement with my best most trusted friend in the world. She is a woman and I am a woman. Should it matter what the reasons are? It could be love, convenience etc. It should only matter that two people are making a commitment to share their lives and gender should not be an issue.