Cure for Hiccups?

A man goes into a drug store and asks the pharmacist if he can give him something for the hiccups. The pharmacist promptly reaches out and slaps the man's face. "What the heck did you do that for!?!" the man screams. "Well, you don't have the hiccups anymore do you?" The man says, "No I don't, you IDIOT... But my wife out in the car still does
My aunt always tells me to pull my ear lobe...and it works...but you gotta pull it down a for a minute or so. Also, another cure would be to think of a white horse. This one used to work for me but doesn't anymore.
I wonder how far down you are suppose to pull the lobe..Far enough to make you neck hurt? I never heard of the white horse theory..how does thinking of a white horse cure your hiccups..perhaps when you hiccup the response inside is black?
@dhruba (431)
hey thats a good one plz post another one
Ok. here you go: if you want to kiss your hunny but her nose is runny you may think it's funny but it's snot
@owlwings (39225)
• Cambridge, England
I repeated this to my daughter (who is partial to earthy humour) and she said it was rude!
that is alright..I found it quite amusing:)LOL
@owlwings (39225)
• Cambridge, England
Hehe! Very good! My mother's cure for the hiccups was to tell us to "Think of oranges!" Nobody believes me when I say it works (though it does) - try it next time you have hiccups! The other one, of course, is to 'drink a glass of water backwards' (that is, from the opposite side of the glass to which one would normally drink. That works because you need good breath control to do it properly.
@stori1 (331)
Cute joke. also a couple of sips of orange juice will do.
@owlwings (39225)
• Cambridge, England
Ah! Oranges ... you see I SAID it works!
LOL, love it, thanks for sharing!
@stezieb (2185)
lol, good one.
lol That was good. I have tried a painless alternative method as well. Here it is: hold your two index fingers as close together at the tips as possible without touching them. Think to yourself "closer, closer. microscopically close, closer, I can still get them closer together, opps! they touched I'll try some more, closer"..etc. It has worked for me and sooo many other people :) Also you can chug a lot of a liquid :)
@juicemilk (2291)
a shot of raspberry cordial works almost everytime :)
@firdaus (686)
Some Common ideas on how to get rid of hiccups: * putting fingers in throat, or ears * standing on head * someone jumps out and scare you when you're not expecting it - a famous treatment * holding breath and counting to 10 * breathing deeply * trying to swallow hiccups * massaging the bottom throat between the collar bone or under both collar bones * drink as fast as possible * putting sugar on tongue * hold chocolate on your tongue Referred to as singultus, hiccups are treated medically only in severe and persistent (termed "intractable") cases. Haloperidol (Haldol, an anti-psychotic and sedative), metoclopramide (Reglan, a gastrointestinal stimulant), and chlorpromazine (Thorazine, an anti-psychotic with strong sedative effects) are used in cases of intractable hiccups. In severe or resistant cases, baclofen (an anti-spasmodic) is sometimes required to suppress hiccups. Effective treatment with sedatives often requires a dose that either renders the person unconscious or highly lethargic. Hence, medicating singultus is done short-term and is not a situation where the affected individual could continue with normal life activities while taking the medication.