Hubs And The Job

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
My husband just told me that he heard a place was hiring third shift and that he's got a real good chance of getting the job. I am so excited! The job would pay $9 to $11 an hour. I really hope that he gets the job because I know he wants a third shift job as that his favorite time of day, night, lol. This happened right out of the blue, so we think that he's got a really good chance of getting it. Please Pray that he does get the job, he does not particularly like where he works now and the job he'd be applying for would pay him more then he got paid before. We could use the extra money. So, has anyone else gotten good news lately?
hi Somecowgirl then I will sure pray he gets the job too, with enough mylotters praying we will have some clout. I have not gotten any really good news save that after last week tues in the Er with myblood pressure up to 210 over 69 I did not have a stroke and they got it down to normal and the same with my high blood sugar so yes it was wonderful news. I feel great again,I hope the cost of living is lower where you live as 9 to 11 dollars an hour here in Southern cal is not much help, the rents here are so high its just plain ridiculous they have doubled in the last few years, we were paying 700 a month now its gone up to 1400 for a months rent and those are not even very nice apts they are old and a lot of them need repairs.Thats why I am still here in Gold crest retirement center and my son in govsponsored apt with three other men who are all out of wo rk. they have to make a certain amount just to be able to pay the outrageous rents. but I will send my prayers that your hubby get that job he really wants. good luck God Bless you both.
Cost of living always did seem higher in California than where I am from. I lived there as a military wife a long time ago.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
The last time I looked about rent, hmm, there was a one bedroom for $300.00? That's an apartment. There's not many apartments in my town, I think in the next county over it's $500.00. Yeah he's so excited, and I am too, I was over here singing "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it". Those prices in California are ridiculous! I wonder how anyone could afford to live in California but I also wonder how people can afford to live in NY as I've heard they are pretty bad on rent prices as well. I am sorry that your Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar escalated but am glad you did not have a stroke either, I hope you can keep those levels in good standing. High BP runs rampant in my family, and a few people have had or has diabetes as well. Thanks so much for your prayers they are greatly appreciated, I'll make another discussion about it once we hear whether he's gotten it or not.
@checapricorn (16066)
I am quite late in this post but I so hope he go it. There is nothing wonderful that getting the job that we want and working that right time that we love!
I'm kind of behind on my mylot notifications, so I don't know if you have posted an update. But I really hope he got the job!
@meapas (2434)
As far as I am concerned this is the best news I came across. I am really praying for you both along with all my mylot friends.
@yresh12 (3219)
hI scg... That's a pretty nice offer. I hope HCB will be able to get that job..hmmmm
@gabs8513 (48715)
Cowgirl I really hope he gets this Job Please let us know as soon as you know
@Cutie18f (9563)
Wow, that's good! I do hope and pray that your hubby will get that job and will be happy there.
@cbeee3 (2064)
No real good news from my end. But I read this discussion and had to wish you and your husband the very best. I sure hope he gets the job! Off late I realized that many people enjoy doing night jobs. I wonder why that is. I could never do it. . Happy myLotting and God bless you guys!
@bounce58 (17524)
No good news for me. Just wanted to pop in here to wish your hubby good luck. There was a time where I worked third shift in a retail store. I fixed and stock shelves overnight. Working at that time was great as I didn't have to deal with customers. I would work hard for the first 4 or 5 hours, and then I would take it ease in the last few hours. I hope your husband gets the job!
I wish you and your husband all the best. I am so glad that you are still on here. I know finding work is hard. My husband is having a hard time finding something else so he can quit his current job. His hours were cut again from 20 down to 15 hours. I am looking to go back to school to get my Masters in Special Education. I just got my BA in Elementary Education.
Nope, mostly bad. Although my granddaughter told me that her doctor says her pregnancy is going alot perfectly. She is in her sixth month and everything is going well. I hope that continued. She is have a boy and is naming him Owen William. Isn't that nice?!
of course i will pray he gets the job too.i believe that he will be very happy if has the third shift job as that his favorite time of day.besides,you will have an account of extra money and you could do somethings what you wanted to before. good luck,my friend!
I hope he does get the job, if that is the time of day he can work the best. It may be a really good thing for you guys. I may or may not have some good news about some debt that we are close to paying off.