My friend wants to pay me back $50 a week.

I loaned her $708 and she wants to pay me back like this. I have no choice but to take it but golly I would never help her again. She told me she would pay me $200 every pay day till she was paid up. Now this mess has come about. But,I will just be grateful and take it.
@carmelanirel (20979)
She said she'd pay you back 200.00 a day? Who gets that kind of money that would need to borrow in the first place? Or did you mean 200.00 a week? Anyways, maybe she came into financial problems and can't pay you what she could when she borrowed the money. At least she is trying, unlike some people I know..
Oh no $200 a week she said. I am going to smile and be happy to get it.
Ok, that makes more sense..lol That is good that you are willing to let it go, as long as she pays you back. Did you find out if she came in financial trouble and the reason she can't pay you what originally agreed on??
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
I found out a long time ago the hard way that it is best not to lend money to family or friends. It nearly always causes hard feelings down the line. That's what banks are for.
I have always loaned family money and always got it back. But this has put my head in a really bad place. I can't loan out money any more.
@ANTIQUELADY (36489)
Smart move, u are lucky to nothave run into this earlier. Happy weekend to u.
@laglen (19782)
That really stinks but at least it looks like you will get your money. It is never a good idea to lend or borrow from friends. It can kill a friendship! I hope you learned here. I doubt you can afford to give away money, I know I cant. Hopefully you get the $50 a week or $200 a month. Less than 4 months to get your money back. Not bad
Your right I can't afford to give money away. She knew that was my moving money she borrowed.
@laglen (19782)
Now we know....right? DONT LEND TO FRIENDS
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, giftsandbagscom. That is great that she is going to pay you back honestly like this. You have some friends that will borrow and borrow from a person, and they will never pay them back if they could smell a rosy flower. I am glad that you will get back what was owed to you. And, I hope that she will keep her word with you too. And if she cannot for any reason, I hope that she will tell you.
with this girl I would hate to lose a friendship. We have been friends from we were kids. it would really bother me.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I know what you mean when you lend money and they say it will be paid back in a certain amounts and then it all changes. This is why in February it will be the last time I lend money out. I guess like you said you have to be grateful that you are getting it back period. There are lot of people who borrow and don't pay back at all. My advice is not to lend money again to anyone. If everyone paid me back what they owe me it would add up to over 6000 dollars. I know I will never get even half back. That is why I have decided never again.
I have learned a big lesson this time around. I wish you could get back your cash too.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
I guess at this point, at least she's willing to pay you back. Hope that continues...
Yes I was hoping so as well. This is the third time she was to send me money and she did not. I hope it comes.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I know $200 would be nice but $50 isn't bad. At least she is paying you back.
Yes I will take it however I can get it.
• Marion, Kansas
I am glad she is going to pay you something. I thought the money was long gone for sure. This is the one that moved, right? I would keep very careful track. I will admit, in the past I have loaned money to people who were my friends and gotten ripped off, so I am a fine one to be telling you what to do.
Yes you can talk you know from living through it. This is my first time getting burned. I only loan family money and hav always got it back.
@skysuccess (8882)
giftsandbagscom, As I have posted earlier about finding other ways for your debtors to make good their outstanding with you, I am just not surprised by this decision from your friend. Banks and financial institutions are already restructuring and rescheduling their debtors' debts, so I just find this no different or surprising. So, let's hope that your friend will be able to fulfill her obligations and pay up.
I hope so too.
@newtalent (1114)
Yeah be grateful you are getting that. It is hard nowadays and what you originally planned to do changes without really knowing how to handle it. Finances are hard, I mean I never really considered these sites before, but circumstances change and you have to roll with the changes.
I know and I am trying to move out of state with no extra cash.
@lilybug (21148)
Yes, it is better than nothing. It seems like you have a lot of people borrow money from you and never return it, so at least she is paying it back.
I hope so this is the third tim she was too send me money and I have not got it.
@ajarvaise (453)
Well, I must tell you, this is better than nothing. At least you're being paid though bit by bit. We had this family friend whom we loaned $2500 and up to now, he has not paid a single cent. He always has excuses. He never runs out of them. Sometimes, my dad will go to his house and he is always not there.
This friend moved and I don't even have her address.
@pandaeyes (2068)
My granddad always used to say 'never a borrower or a lender be' which I think is a quote from Shakespeare. It is still true today,the quickest way to lose friends is to borrow money from them. You are wise to just take it after all,it was most likely an unwritten agreement and at least you will eventually regain your money.
Yes your right I was stupid and just western unioned the money.
I hope she follows thru even on the $50 a week. And I know you have learned valuable lessons between her and Tim as far as lending money in the past few months. Get your money back and run as fast as you can to Miami!
If she pays you back anything it will be a start. I've been in the same situation and never been paid back, despite all the promises made.