What is bratpacking?

I read an article about backpacking vs. bratpacking. It was an interesting read, but it did not define bratpacking. It sounds like fun, but I have no idea what it is. So for all the travellers out there, what is bratpacking? Any tips on how to shift from backpacking to bratpacking?
@maximax8 (28931)
I used to be a backpacker and now I am an independent traveler. I traveled on my own when I was younger. These days I travel with my disabled toddler son and my baby daughter. I love to travel on a low budget. I used to stay in youth hostels and in backpacker accommodation. These days I stay in locally owned guest houses and in unusual accommodation. I wonder what bratpacking is. I imagine it is a young person traveling that acts younger than his or her age. I remember seeing the German name for a youth hostels and I joked and called it a jungle house. That was because its guests were young ones that were ever so loud.
That is interesting. I would like to know more about how to do this. I'm a terrible spender. lol I don't know how but money just falls through my fingers.
@maximax8 (28931)
Backpacking doesn't cost very much money at all. Try setting a daily budget and don't go over it. It could be fifty dollars a day in Mexico and twenty dollars a day in Guatemala. I met some ladies that were sleeping in a hammocks. That was very cheap. I have camped in my tent when I have been very poor on my travels. It saves a lot of money and some camping grounds are in beautiful areas.
@eileenleyva (11019)
They say that when you travel, travel light. So put everything you need in a backpack and get to where you want to be. But bratpacking, as I understand it, is either packing the brats to get to somewhere or the brats are horsing wild somewhere. After reading the article, you must have some idea what this terminology means. Does it mean going on an adventure trip?
It was featured in Philippine Star. Ana Kalaw wrote an article about how she backpacked her way in India, sleeping in some seedy hotels and eating at backpacker's restaurants. She said that after a while, she learned to bratpack and gave examples of how she could travel like a brat on budget. I thought that it was packing up your kids too for a trip somewhere. Seems I was wrong and I thought maybe I should ask some travel gurus if this is the new way of travelling.
@eileenleyva (11019)
Travel like a brat on budget. That means she could work her way out to places she wants to see and yet spend minimally. It can be done. Did it once but I would not be brave enough now.
@ybong007 (6658)
Bratpacking...sounds like having your kids every where you go.