Ever felt that you were just a dead weight at home?

@laydee (12814)
I feel that way ever since I lost a job. Now, I just feel I'm not worth that much anymore. Everyone has some type of earning or a job, while I'm here still looking for another one. Worst, I don't seem to know where I should fit in. Now my boyfriend seemed to be at his wits end since my insecurity has reach its all-time high by this time. I need to find a way to have some income or I'll be nuts! Every felt this way? what did you do about it? I am trying to find a job, both partime or full time but it seems everywhere I look it's no vacancies whatsoever.
@visijay32 (447)
We're in the same situation right now. I don't have a job, and bills are piling up. I sent out resumes to schools to have a teaching career; however, none have returned and my girlfriend is hinting of breaking up on me because of this. But there is only one thing that I know and that is life is good. Call me an optimist but at this point, one has got to be. As the ancient Egyptians would say "ankh udja seneb!" (Life, prosperity, and health!)
@laydee (12814)
Oh yeah, tell me about it. Have you tried tutoring? The girlfriend just proves she could not be with you at bad times, it's a sign that she's not committed. But it's also a sign that you need to do something about your status. How long have you stopped working?
I just recently got out of work, almost a month now. I was working for an outsourcing company but I want to have a career in teaching. Last night my girlfriend and I got a chance to talk and it has a positive outcome with our relationship.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I'm in the same situation and have not worked for two years come next month. I have worked for 32 years but since moving to New Mexico work is hard to find. I can become depressed about it but I believe God will guide me in the right direction. I'm here helping my daughter and her husband with their 4 year old daughter who makes me happy each and everyday. I believe there are record number of people out of work and its very scary situation for many. I hope you find a job real soon. I try to keep busy by cleaning the house, laundry and playing with my granddaughter.