How do you mamage a dog who does not eat dog food?

This dog came to us with science diet dog food. You know what the cat is eating it. The dog would not touch it. We finally had to find something for her to eat. I gave her hot dogs she ate it up. I even baked her two chiken breasts and she just had the last of it a few minutes ago. I know she should not be eating this kind of food. What could I do?
@Shar19 (8236)
You could try giving her different dog food. I wouldn't be giving her any table food. She'll wind up getting sick and gain too much weight. Eventually she'll get hungry enough to eat the dog food.
@Shar19 (8236)
You are going to have to try out different varieties of dog food to find one that she will eat. Our dogs won't eat any of the expensive kinds of dog food but if we get them some cheap stuff from the local grocery store, they will eat it right up. You can also experiment with mixing hard dog food with the soft dog food and see if that will convince her to eat dog food. Above all, try not to give her any table food because that will make her not want to eat any dog food at all.
@zim1fW (286)
Well, my punchline to that question is: "Eat that dog." Ugh! But seriously, you experiment with other foods not labelled "dog food." Food is about body nutrition, and I don't think there is a rule not to feed your dogs with commercial dog foods. You can include your dog in your daily cooking, provide some milk, etc. It is all about keeping your dog alive; any food will do.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Get a bag of pedigree dog food - You don't say the age of the dog but if its a puppy or a senior they have different dog food for the dogs age. Then mix it with half of the table food he has been eating. Gradually cut out the table food each day and within 4 or 5 days he should just be eating the dog food. Also if want to you can just give him the Science Diet he will eventually eat it when he is hungry and realizes he is not getting anything but the dog food. Good luck to you.
@laydee (12814)
We usually feed our dogs scraps of food from our table and a few pellets first with dog food. Eventually, we made it half and soon it'll be more dog food than human food. I think your dog is just not used to eating dog food that's why to her/him it tastes funny. So you should help her adjust first.