ACORN CEO has some interesting things to say

ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis was speaking at a event for the Young Democratic Socialists, the youth branch of the Democratic Socialist.Which is the U.S. branch of the Socialist International organization. She told them that "Any group that says, 'I'm young, I'm Democratic, and I'm a socialist,' is all right with me. You know that's no light thing to do -- to actually say, I'm a socialist -- because you guys know right now we are living in a time which is going to dwarf the McCarthy era. It is going to dwarf the internment during World War II. We are right now in a time that is going to dwarf the era of Jim Crow and segregation." She also told them that "undefined forces are plotting their doom". "This is not rhetoric or hyperbole -- this is real," Lewis said. "This rise of this Tea Party so-called movement -- bowel movement in my estimation -- and this blatant uncovering and ripping off the mask of racism." What does racism have to do with the tea party people and the socialist people? I know people of different skin colors in both. While I agree the two parties will not see eye to eye with each other on much. But I don't see it as "racism". Just a difference on political opinion. I don't see "McCarthy era" style prosecutions coming back. What I see is two sides with will be politically fighting over the direction of this country. I don't believe in socialism. I think everyone on here knows by now I am a constitutionalist. But that does mean I think anyone who is a socialist should be rounded up and deported or "black listed". Just like I don't think constitutionalist should be rounded up, deported or "black listed". I also don't see it happening. What do you think...is she "fear mongering"? Or does she have a point?
@laglen (19780)
She is panicking. Her baby is dieing and she is trying to take the focus away from their misdeeds and place them anywhere else. I dont think this is the first time she has said something loopy and most people know her for what she is. This also wont be the last. She is playing Obama politics, blaming everybody but your self.
I knew that ACORN was a democratic party endorser....but I did not know they openingly endorsed socialism. I guess that explains a lot.
@laglen (19780)
and so openly oppose the tea party - wasn't their mission to unite communities? I could not get their actual mission statement, their website will not open...
I would have to guess their mission is to further the socialist agenda.
@matersfish (6311)
She's fear mongering. Most definitely. And accusing people of being racists without a shred of evidence is hatemongering. But it's what the loons do. Here's what I'd like to hear someone from ACORN say: "I've decided to step down from the taxpayer and charity-funded scamgram I've been working for, which has defrauded tenfold more than it's helped, and I've decided to get a real job and actually contribute to society by working for a living instead of perpetuating myths to keep the nation polarized." I love that "undefined forces are plotting..." line. It should have read, in favor of the Tea Party vs. loons, "Undefined, unnamed, unsubstantiated and untrue forces are understandably unsettled and unglued due to an unclean, unrestrained and unamerican government seeking unlimited power." She's just another in a long line of leftist flamethrowers looking to ignite passion in people so they'll take to the streets and dismantle the movement. What folks like her want is a nationwide replay of the SEIU thugs beating the brakes off of the dissenter. And until that happens, this weak crap keeps pouring out to hopefully sully the progressive agenda nonconformists. I don't see where she has a point at all. And if she ever did, she completely loses it by tremendously exaggerating and feeding her audience battle cry material instead of the truth.
I agree. She is fearmongering. Also if she did have any valid points they got lost in all the BS she is spouting along with it.
@hofferp (4739)
Lewis' can say what she wants; I won't be calling for her to be round up or black-listed. I just have no interest in hearing what she has to say. Anyone who would call the Tea Party Movement a bowel movement doesn't have IT on the ball, so why listen to a "fringe" rant? To people like Lewis, if you disagree with them, you're automatically a rascist, and I'm getting a little tired of being called a rascist.