That's A Negative For you myLotter!

@erikmama (12934)
When you are rating discussions and responses, what reasons do you rate one with a ! negative? I was just thinking about this and wonder if there are people who will do this just because they do not agree with what the person has said? I usually do not rate negative, unless a person did not read the discussion or writes something disrespectful or totally off subject. What about You
@mysdianait (64059)
I only rate negative when I am dealing with a plagiarist or someone who is over-stepping the mark and flaming another Lotter. I usually plus rate those who have the guts to disagree and put their opinion across politely and further a discussion. It would be so nice if we could all realise that we all have a right to our opinions and those who start a discussion were aware that not everyone will, or indeed should, agree with them. What a world if we all had the same idea about eveything - not!
@benny128 (3622)
I dis-agree di ha ha ha nah seriously di is right you really should only rate negative if someone is out of order or being abusive, am sure it even says in the terms and conditions of mylot not to rate people negatively just because they dis-agree though am sure di can clarify that point.
@mysdianait (64059)
I can quote the FAQs (as usual lo) [i]"What if I disagree with someone? Should I give that post a negative rating? Absolutely not! In fact, if you disagree with a post, but still feel it positively contributes to the discussion, you should rate it positively. Rating quality content negatively will hurt your ratings overall. Remember differing opinions and viewpoints tend to make for the most interesting discussions."[/i] http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq17.aspx
@erikmama (12934)
I rate the same way,but when I responded to a disucssion where it started a bit of disagreement,I wondered if people actually would give a negative rating just because they disagree with what I have said. I agree we are allentitled to our ownopinions and being able to express them here at my lot.
@cmjune76 (274)
Today is my first day with MyLot; that said, I haven't rated anything as of yet. But, I do think I would rate a post or response poorly if it is off topic or ridiculously full of spelling and grammar errors. The post would have to be top notch for me to rate it well anyway. Do we earn anything by rating posts? I would imagine there are 'trolls' on MyLot just as there are on many other social pay sites that like to rate down everything they view anyway. sigh
cmjune a word of warning mylot admins says do not rate minus because of spelling or grammar as there are many here who do not have English as their native tongue and are struggling,instead we are to help them in any way we can so do not minus them for honest errors.please.
@erikmama (12934)
Ms Hatley is right. It has been quiet a while since trhis discussion was started so I hope you have had fun and a positive time here. Be sure to read the TofS so you are not violating any of the guidelines! I know am the typo queen so I would hate for that to keep being rated negative all of the time!
• Israel
I never rated negative. I think it takes extreme wrong doing on behalf of the author for me to do that. It might be that I'm wrong in this, since the rating is supposed to give other people a measure of the author's posts' quality level. Do you think rating helps the community? Do you look at the rating and decide weather to read the post only if it is high enough?
@erikmama (12934)
I have given negative ratings before, however, they are very few of them, and those that I did were very innapropriate! I read any discussion that interests me!
@marty3888 (2359)
That's me. I basically won't give anyone a negative rating unless they are asking for it. I really hope not a lot of people give negative ratings because they don't agree with them - that's one of the main things about MyLot; everyone in the world able to respond to something you say or think. Not everyone's going to have the same opinion as you, but that shouldn't give you negative ratings. Now, if someone said in a discussion, or someone responded saying something like " your opinion is stupid," I might give a negative rating.
@erikmama (12934)
It is rare for me to sue it also, but I think there are a lot of users who use it when they are mad or upset. I do not want anyone to have a negatvie rating unless they at5re just being ignorant!
The only reason you should ever rate a post as negative is if it is not appropraite content, is a violation to mylot or does not add to the discussion in any way. You shouldnt ever just rate a post negative because you dont agree with what the person had said. Unfortunately alot of people rate discussions because of what they agree and disagree with.
@bounce58 (17524)
I've never really given anybody here a negative rating. It's either I give him/her a positive rating for a good response, or I just don't rate at all if I find the input of little value. But, if I did find somebody which I would feel like really deserve a negative rating, then maybe I will. If they came out and attacked somebody or just have negative comments, or very personal, then I would. So far, nothing yet.
@erikmama (12934)
hey Bounce! it is rare for me to sue the negative button and usually do the same as you unless it is something totally inappropriate that has been posted. It takes away dfrom the fun of mylot! Bye bye sour apples!
I would never rate a person in a negative way because I didn't agree with what they had to say. Because of the fact that this is a discussion forum, there is bound to be some conflict between different people's opinions. So, if I say for example that abortion should never be allowed and I give my reasons for this opinion and the next person has a differing opinion, that is fine. It is a matter of debate and discussion. The reasons that I will rate someone negatively is when they are not talking about the topic that is at hand at all. Or, even worse when they come into your discussion and are trying to get referrals for something that isn't at all related.
@erikmama (12934)
I dont like people who do this anf of course it is not how it is suppose to be done either.
@cupkitties (7038)
I rate up more than down but I'll only down rate spammers and trolls. Yes there are those individuals here who believe that everyone should have the same thoughts and opinions as them. An opinion is not a wrong answer,people.
@erikmama (12934)
I agree. People should respect othe5rs opions and differences and understand that not everyone can agree all of the time. And when you do disagree, it does not mean the person should be hit with a negative. It takes so much away from mylot!
hi erikmama I never minus anyone just because I did not agree with what the person said, as we all have a right to our own opinions. also mylot admins say do not minus someone because they did not agree with your own ideas, thats not fair. I have only hit minus once or twice when I was being really badly insulted, then I just reported that person instead and let mylot deal with it.Almost all the time I plus people because they made an honest try or really did very well.
@erikmama (12934)
Hi hatley! It is not right for people to do this and thats why it uis in the tofs.Name callig and all of that is so immature~ Especially on a site like this, but there will always be ignorant people!
@phyrre (2324)
I honestly only negative rate about maybe a handful of times a month. I don't negative rate when people disagree with me because I don't really think that's fair. people are entitled to their opinions and as long as it's a good post then sure, go ahead and disagree. You'll get a plus from me! The only time I negative rate is when there's like one word answers or something really short like that which clearly took 2 seconds and on to the next or when it's completely off-topic so they obviously didn't even read the post or the title of it or when it's seriously rude. I actually haven't run into anything that's really rude except for once, I think, so I usually don't negative rate for that, but definitely for the other two! If you're going to post one word or a couple words, don't bother posting.
@erikmama (12934)
It's not fair, and irt is also against the guidelines, but I still see people doing it.or feel they are doing it all of the time! It is so rare for me to use it also. I would like everyone to be able to come here and participate like it is meant and to have a good time.
@camomile07 (1422)
I agree with you. Starting from the suposition that every mylot user is doing his or her best to reply on discussions and being serious, why should we rate negative? If I do not agree with a response, I may simply not rate or I answer to the user explaining my reasons why I do not agree. As every person is making an effort and spending personal time to build up this page and trying to earn a bit of extra money, so in my opinion, we should not rate negative only to use this option too.
@Masmasika (1922)
I never rated negative even if I am not in favor of responses.
Off topic ,off the point,usless,without reason aggressive commments are worth a negative
@doryvien (2293)
I have never rated anyone with ! negative. If I don't like the response I just leave it alone, if it's offensive I just don't post back. It's not that I don't care about myLot rules, I know that sooner or later he will realize his mistakes and eventually he will abide by the mylot rules.