What would you take with you?

I was just thinking since it is costing me over a grand to just move my bed and two dressers. I should just move without it and buy new stuff when I get there. Did not buy anything that I would be leaving besides the washer and the treadmill. So i am going to list them for sale on craigs list today and see what I can get. the bed is new in plastic and I know I can just give it to someone or leave it to be moved out later. What would you take with you that you could post in the mail to another state? I am thinking my clothes and my papers can be mailed there. I would not want to forget anything important.
@RachelleNH (1408)
You're doing the same thing my sis's doing...she's moving from FL to CA..she worked the numbers and it would cost her $500 to U-haul it and then storage etc...so she's selling her stuff and just bringing whatever will fit in her jeep. I would take the bare essentials, and just buy a blow up mattress and get by til I can get new stuff. There are some things though that I'd never sell-antique furniture from my grandpa-that would be a problem-I'd have to u-haul it. I probably wouldn't have anything mailed to me..I'd try to fit it in my car.
I don't have a car to take it in. The uhaul was priced at 1093.00 so it is out of the question for me. I don't want to sell my beanie baby collection but I can for this move. Thanks
Have you checked into the price on something like a POD? Don't know what the cost would be but it would be worth looking into.
No I will just put my things in storage when I get there.I am moving out of state.
@Java09 (3085)
It would be nice moving in a new place and just buying a new bed or couch to go with your new place.It sounds like you're very excited to move.I hope you enjoy your move.Good luck to you!
Yes we are looking forward to moving this time. i can't wait to get to work in my new flea market booth. That is what is driving me to get there soon.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi giftbagscom. I would take my clothing and anything that is personal to me. I would get all of my heavy things delivered by a moving truck.
I am trying to get rid of the heavy things and mail down the lighter things. I am waiting on a phone call about my friend driving a truck instead of a car.
I think I would sell everything I could. Ship the clothes I will need and all the important papers. IF the beanie babies are important, ship them as well. As far as toiletries, shop when you get there for whatever you do not have in your luggage. It is really nice of your friend to take the time to come pick you up.
yes she is a true gem for real. I already sold the washing machine. And have a person craigs list interested in the dressers.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Something that would need to be sent through mail, or could be to another state? Hmm I'd probably send my clothes and papers like you, and maybe a few hygenic things that could be found in a gift basket (something that wouldn't be silly to send through the mail, or I'd feel silly sending).
I will go to bj's and buy some things I know will ship light and we will need. My daughter will like this. Thanks
@tayd88 (205)
hi, moving places can be fun but sometimes gives the headache.Normally we try to move all our belongings together but if the cost are too high,then we should consider selling it or giving to the needy ones.Mainly big items are costly to move but if its got some sentimental or valuable ,do think twice b4 giving or selling it away.
@ElicBxn (60810)
well, except for the bed that will have to be bought new I suspect, the other items could be picked up fairly inexpensively in a Goodwill or Salvation Army - I would say, you could probably sell what you have and start over down there for less than a grand.
i would bring everything thats important to me.. id bring all of my belongings that i need.. make sure u dont forget anything that u need whenever u move.
Anything that can be sold I would sell and buy new when I move. If you were able to transport them with a truck that would be another story. But, consdering you are moving across the country that isn't an economical solution.
@bagputza (504)
• Belgium
Good evening dear giftsandbagscom , well when i read how much it cost you just to moove your bed and the two dressers you have , i was completely shocked , that fact made me wonder on how far away you are mooving from you curent location and if you did apealed at the most expensive mooving agency. As for your question , i think also that the clothes i could mail it too , since my guraderobe its not more then 50 kilos , but important paperwork and portable computers ( i have three of them ) i'l rather decide to take them with me on the plane , since i dont trust that much the post mail , and i dont actually think i cann afford to apeal to a company like FEDEX. Have a nice evening dear friend.