Are table scraps alright for my pet?

@jep_toyo (1607)
I know a friend who gives his dog table scraps and when i asked him why he is giving table scraps to his pets, he told me that his pet is very choosy when it comes to food and since his dog doesnt eat dog food he end up giving it table scraps apparently his dog love eating human food than dog foods.
@kedralynn (992)
No. Human food is not good for your pet. Usually its too fat or contains ingredients dogs can't easily digest or may contain something toxic to your dog. Now once in a while I still give my puppy a little bit of people food here and there, but my dog's vet is very against it. You can find a list of foods you should never give your dog here: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1659&aid=1030
Oh yeah and also as your friend has experienced, the more people food you give your dog the more he/she will not want to eat her own food and will wait around for more table scraps. It's not a good idea to get your pet used to that idea.
we give our pets our left over and when we feed them, what we eat is what they eat too. They are included on the budget. My dog eats dog food, however I can provide them that kind of food continously. They like our food so there are no problems. I believeit is still alright as long as you are still giving them food.
Feeding a dog table scraps is ok, only if the right items are fed. You can feed a dog meat left on the table but never any processed foods or bones. And the dog should never be fed directly from the table. Always give them their food in their dish after the family has finished eating. Table scraps should be fed in moderation and given as a treat only. Dogs need to eat dry food in order to maintain good teeth and gums.
@opalina143 (1237)
• Morristown, New Jersey
I have always heard that it's bad to give the dog or cat table scraps. For one thing, some human foods are very bad for dogs -- for example chocolate can kill a dog. The preservatives in some foods are buried there for dogs as well. There are many foods that dogs can't can't digest well, and that can lead to diarrhea and digestive problems. Add to that that the food usually does not satisfy a dog's requirements for nutrition. I don't think it hurts to occasionally give the dogs some meats, but I would limit it to that in only a few times a week.