Is a money order linked with those scams? I was sent this about the dressers .

Hello, Thanks for the prompt response. I am satisfied with the information you provided about it on craigslist. I will love to make an instant purchase, so please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist, I don't mind adding an extra $40 for you to do so. I want to be rest assured that the item is in hand. I will also like you to know that I can only make payment via money order at this time b/c I am away on assignment. Please provide me with your full names, address and phone number so I can make the money order out to you and have it sent ASAP. It will take about 6days for payment to get to you . As per pick-up, I will make arrangement for the pick-up within 1 business days after the money order has been received by you. Expecting to hear from you soon. Regards
I am not real familiar with using Craig's List, but this does not feel right to me. The sentence is not smoothly written in standard American English, etc. I would ask them for their information, name etc. so that you can check them out first. If they refuse or have an excuse, or do not write back, then it was a scam. My experiences with money orders they did not require name, address, and phone number. You do not have to go with the first person you hear from. I would be suspicious, just like you are.
Yes I was not feeling to good about this one. I will tell them I only take cash. Thanks
@newtalent (1114)
This is a scam and report it. The money orders are usually stolen or fake. I sell on craigslist a lot. If they do not show up with cash they do not get merchandise period. That is a scam response. Did they give you a number to call them on? Usually they state they cannot. It takes weeks to see if a money order is bad, then you have to pay your money order money that you received and cashed back to the place you cashed it at because the funds are no good. Your out your merchandise and money. Craigslist has a place to call and report these people on their site . Read the warnings and what to there to. I have reported quite a few. They are instant responses. They do not care what it costs because they have your merchandise and you are out your money. I have told them ok before but I will have law enforcement there when you pick up so I can have record of the transaction --no one came, lol. Did not expect them, too. Same with buying I want everything ran that I buy ti know it is not stolen. Good Luck!
@newtalent (1114)
Here is a link that may help you out to see if this is a scam. Protect yourself at all cost. http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
@cream97 (29168)
Hi, giftandbagscom. It looks like this person wants to pay you first before they pick up you dresser. It seems like that they are being honest. But, behind all this, I don't know. It could be a scam and it could not be a scam. At this point, it is very hard for me to just tell.
@cream97 (29168)
Just be very mindful in making a sound decision.
@Celanith (2334)
They are trying to rip you off. Craigslist warns about these all the time. Deal only with local people and deal in cash Beware of Western Union and money orders. Do not give out personal information. A lot of illegal aliens for one get your information and use it to get ID and credit cards. If they cannot pay you or have someone pick it up in person and pay cash don't sell to them or give them any information about you. You will never see the money you will never have anyone come pick up the items and you will find yourself in a few weeks or months getting sued for credit card default or something else. They can come to your home town and find a bank where you bank with your name and have your ID, phone number and address and wipe your bank accounts out. By just showing a teller who does not know you from Adam a fake ID that they are who they say they are. After all the produced photo ID with your name, address and phone number on it. They can say they forgot their pin number it is a scam.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
It smells very fishy to me. I would bet they are stolen or something. Cash is all I would accept.
This smells very fishy to me! I would not accept this offer for your items. I would say cash & carry ONLY no money orders! It sounds like really sounds shady as if you are away from the area WHY be buying anything that isn't essential you know if you are on a business trip or in the milatary ect when you are not there to recieve the items personally. I'd move on to the next responder for your items & make sure they pay CASH & have a means to take the items with them!
@kaylachan (4776)
Personally I don't trust people who claim they can only pay via money order. A money order is usually made with cash, but I can easily see how it can be a scam. If you don't know the person, I wouldn't accept the money order. I would probably hold out for an offer from someone who can pay using paypal or some other trusted varifial payment method. Don't eaccept checks eaither. But, this is my personal view. I'm not saying all people who use money orders are scam artists, but unless they have a way to prove themselves and the money is actually real it sets up a red flag for me.