What was your very first Memory from Childhood?

I was talking about childhood memories with a friend today and was amazed to hear that her first memory was when she was 6 years old. My oldest memory is from when I was between 2 and 3 years old. I was in the garden with my mother and she was tending to the roses. It was just us outside on a beautiful sunny day. She went inside for a moment to answer the phone and I was standing by the Rose bushes. I looked down at my feet which were bare and saw a huge spider crawling towards my left foot. I don't know why but instead of moving away, I picked up the garden shears that my mother had left on the ground and aimed to kill it. Well, you guessed it I missed and hit my big toe on my right foot. I remember the shock and pain of it and lots and lots of blood. My mother rushed back outside and carried me back inside and washed my foot in the kitchen sink. I hit the bone of the big toe and actually chipped abit of it which I found out later as my parents didn't know about it and didn't take me to the doctor's for it. I wonder if the reason this was so memorable because it was painful and foolish of me to try and kill a bug versus just move away. But my mother had told me to stay where I was so I did. It's a very vivid memory for me but not really traumatic and I don't kill spiders anymore if I can avoid it!! How about you, what is your oldest memory? How old were you and what do you recall?
I can't remember how young i was then but i know i wasn't even going to school yet. I was being chased by my grandmother cuz i've done something wrong. I was climbing a steel pole so she couldn't reach me. Lol.
• Bulgaria
It is very hard for me to remember my oldest experience in my childhood, because in my brain all is total mess. I can't sort It, because It is mix of many memories, but I remember a bad one - one brick felt on my head, when I was 5-6 years old :)
@weasel81 (2502)
that would have been a laugh seeing you trying to kill the spider. sorry to say. my memory was. i would bout 5 it was easter 1986, that bout all i remember. it was easter sunday morning i was playing out on the swing set, and the horses were in the front paddock. there was this tail going from side to side, from one of the horses. i went inside and told mum and dad, they did not believe me. but eventually came out sideto have look, that our mare had foaled early. the foals name end up as easter bonnet.
@chiyosan (29388)
i think i would remember my earliest childhood experience was when i was at the age of four, my mom would pick me up at school. i just always remember myself sitting at this stairs by the school... it was about 5-10 little steps for you to go up the school building and i always sit there waiting for my mom... with my milk container. haha i do remember that. i can even picture myself sitting over there waiting... but it is a bit blurred. weird that i can see myself in the same location every time i think of this memory...
@syndibee (799)
I was also 2 or 3 with my first memories. I have several memories from that time period. 1) I remember sitting on a neighbors porch swing and wishing we had one. 2) I remember my mom sprained her ankle and I was watching her vacuum the floor while sitting on the couch, I thought this very strange. 3) I remember playing in our dogs doghouse in the winter time with the dog. I don't know why I remember this but it must have been a pretty good time.
@_Honey_ (781)
Oh. Sorry about your toe. :( As for me, I was around 3 years old then. I remember brushing my pet rabbit's teeth with dad's toothbrush. I also remember using my mom's lipstick when I was three. And I wouldn't forget when our neighbor's dog bit me when I was three years old too.
@clocks123 (1229)
a favorite memory of my childhood is me riding my bike, running, skating, playing outside with my friends. i had to be home before it got dark and i did. i wish i was like that today active but i am in chronic pain.
@eil_noz (963)
woah, you might really have a trauma on that event and poor big toe of yours. anyway, the oldest memory I had in my childhood years was when I was 4 years old. During the time when me and my cousin played together in their room and lying on the foam thinking that the sofa was the ocean and were the mermaids. Recalling such memory is really funny.
@bwaybaby (904)
I had to have been three, at the oldest. We still lived in Georgia then, that's how I know how old I was. We were out having a picnic by a swamp at a park. We had peanut butter sandwiches and we threw some pieces in the swamp. Alligators came up and ate them. It was kind of frightening, but really cool at the same time.