Well, we got the back news about an hour ago!

Boise, Idaho
My granddaughter and i have been expecting to move into a little apartment as soon as we could get everything co-ordinated. It was with a landlord I had rented from years ago and I really thought it was a for sure thing. First he didn't understand our present housing situation, then he found my granddaughter had a bad rep here in the housing where we are right now, then we get a co-signer to help us and we just heard back from the landlord that even that isn't to his liking. So he won't rent to us!! My granddaughter is going to be giving birth in about three months. We are living a hot shot with my daughter going off on us all time. I was starting to feel so much better thinking for sure we were going to get into this little apartment with the help of a co-signer. We were just waiting to hear back and go sign the lease. No, he says that won't work. No, he won't rent to us. I just don't know how much more I can stand. Is it Karma?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
It could be bad karma that your daughter has. Especially if your granddaughter has a bad reputation and people know this. That is not a good thing. The landlord knowing you from the past though should have given you a break. He should have let you sign a lease for 6 months and see how it works out. If its not good then make you leave. If its all good then sign another lease for whatever his lease time state. That is terrible for you, all because of your granddaugter.
Yes, pretty much. It has to do with the landlord's insurance and if he rents to people who are not main stream then his insurance goes up. He could have worked us but chose not to.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Thank you for the best response mark.
oh my celticeagle sorry thats really unpleasant news for you and maybe you need to find a place that has not heard anything bad about your granddaughter, then you may have a chance to get into a rental unit. too bad this one did not work out but managers can be a real pain in the keaster too.I am nowhoping my son get ahold of any job so he can accumulate some money and I c an move out of here. but have no idea whats going to happen either. let us pray maybe it will help.
Ya, I was pretty devestated by the news. Her rep follows because we have to put our past landlord on the application and that is where the rep of my granddaughter comes in because she was bugging the neighbors. It is a real ugly situation.
@JenInTN (27565)
I really hate to hear that. I don't know if it is karma but sometimes things work out when we least expect them too. Like maybe there is a better place that you and your grandaugter deserve. I hate the situation you are in and I wish there was something I could say to make it better for you. How far do you want to be away from where you are now?
I have been asked that before. I can't even handle being far out of the side of town I have lived in for most of my life. I was really beginning to get fearful. We had to be out of here by the last week of this month and things kept happening to mess with us. I am so relieved that we found a place even though it is a small one bedroom.
@JenInTN (27565)
I'm so glad you have found a place! It's a start..no matter what and you won't have to put up with the BS anymore. I'm very happy for you.
@skysuccess (8882)
celticeagle, I am sorry to learn of your plights here and I really hope that things will get better in the next few days. Reputation nowadays is really highly looked upon, in fact too high for my comfort and taste. It is just so superficial and unforgiving many a times. The way I see it, your granddaughter will really have to look for a new place, probably a little further from this current vicinity where ill words of her would have already spread like wild fire. Don't get me wrong here, as I am really all for that your co-signer and you could convince the current landlord around and let her stay. But, I suppose we would need to have that plan B for unforeseen circumstances, if you know what I mean. Convincing is one aspect, but acceptance is really the other and essence here. Take care.
Thanks. I don't think you understand fully. My granddaughter rep is here where we live right now. Landlords ask for the last landlord and so they hear about her rep here. As far as the cosigner goes he was trying to help us and has stuff on his record as well so his help didn't help. The current landlord where we are living would want $700 a month here and there is no way we could afford it. My daughter had a Section 8 voucher and so our rent here was less. So we are looking for another place.
celticeagle, Well, thanks for explaining and I am just appalled with your current landlord. Looking for another place is really a better option and solution here. So, I am hoping that you will be successful looking for another place and better, away from all these humdrum. Take care and have a nice day.
@cyrus123 (6383)
I'm so sorry this has happened to youall! I was hoping that things were looking better for youall and now this. This landlord must be something else! He doesn't sound like a nice guy at all!
Ya, I thought so too. I think he was just looking out for his situation. He has been a landlord for many years and well known in town. He can't rent to problem people or his insurance goes up.
@Lakota12 (42684)
I really wouldnt think so on your part but I do hope ya find something soon thats a bummer