to condition clothes or not condition?

@Ritchelle (3797)
why are fabric conditioners invented when you cannot use it on all of your clothes? some clothes warn you against this in the label or tag. so how come it still came about if it wouldn't do all of your clothes any good? why did they try to make water better in rinsing if this poses ugliness and even ruin on some clothing items ?
So far I haven't encountered clothes which warns from using fabric conditioners. What I remember from the labels is not to expose them from direct sunlight. Maybe I'm not exposed to so many brands yet. I always use fabric conditioner when I wash my clothes coz I love the soft feel of fabric and its scent after treatment with a conditioner. Correct me if I misenterpreted your post but are you trying to say that water poses ugliness and even ruin the clothing? or you want to say that fabric conditioners do harm clothings? For me, water doesn't cause any harm as long as it is clean. What water does is just to remove the detergent and adhering dirt from the fabric surface which has been treated with detergent. If you are refering to fabric conditioners ruining the clothing items, I think it all depends on the composition of the fabric conditioner.
@Ritchelle (3797)
thank you for posting . it is some fabric conditioner ruins some fabrics because some of my clothes really says, "don't use fabric softener". even some towels, not 100% cotton, says this in the label/tag.
I have never had trouble with any fabric softener on any of my clothing. I guess you could always try dryer sheets r dryer balls if you use a dryer because they do the same thing as fabric softener and there is really no need to use both. Some fabrics are just really delicate and cant take much abuse to them so I guess thats why they warn you against using certain products.
@Ritchelle (3797)
i think you hit the nail on the head for i believe it is my clothes with the soft, clinging fabrics that says don't use fabric conditioners.
Maybe there is a material in the cloth that cannot be exposed to fabric conditioner. Generally, fabric conditioners make clothes softer and perfumed. There are also fabric conditioner that have antibacterial function that can make clothes smell good even after being exposed to smell causing germs.