Boot plant

Okay so I have gotten really into gardening lately.. of course I ain't that good at it but I like doing it because I like to see if I can do it... but I have become really into trying to see all the different things I can plant things in... So today I got an old pair of boots that I was going to throw away and I drilled holes throughout them and planted okra in them.. It looks so redneck but it looks good in a way. My dad and step mom came over and they lobed it because it was so unique.. In fact they told me I show star selling them.. I think I might take them up on that idea.. do yall do anything like this...if so can I hear some of your idea purty please..
hi LillyBelleDaisyRose wow what a long username he he.bootplant I love the idea it must have looked really novel. I am trying to think if I had any ideas like that. Only thing I can think of is what my husband and I did one year we need more bookcases and some were just too expensive so we got a lot of large bricks , painted them white,then bought the best quality wood we could get to make shelves, sanded it to perfection, varnished them to a semigloss, then put down the bricks on each end and one in the middle, laid the shelves on them and went up layer by layer til we had five nice deep shelves for books and nicknacks. They really did look good too.
@max1950 (2313)
they also make great bird houses, open up the laces a few nails thru the sole, lace em back up and the birds will be there shortly.
@laglen (19783)
What a cute idea. I think you are are on the right path. I have planted in old sinks, buckets, tires, anything that will hold the dirt. Have fun with your gardening!
@spalladino (17927)
That does sound like a pretty cool idea. My sister planted flowers and vines in her birdbath one year. The vines looke very pretty flowing downward with the flowers in the center. We were getting rid of an old horse trough last year and our neighbor wanted it. He planted some vegetables in it but I don't recall exactly what he grew.