What is the main lesson you learned from your biggest mistake?

@megamatt (14327)
It is only human to make mistakes. However, to move forward in life, we must come to terms with the actions that lead us to these mistakes and there are lessons to be learned for every error, no matter how large or small. Then there are many mistakes that are our biggest and the lessons that we learn will hopefully prevent us from making that error. My biggest mistake was not being clear on what I was trying to accomplish to my team on a project that I was leading. The project was completely derailed because everyone was on different pages. I thought it was obvious that everyone could get what I wanted but that was not the case. The moral of the story is, "assume everyone needs detailed step by step instructions of where I want to go and needs to be lead through by the hand like a small child no matter how capable they might seem." They might resent being treated with that level of intelligence but it beats having to start the project from scratch because people jumped to the wrong assumptions. So how about you? What was your biggest blunder and the main lesson you learned from it? Looking forward to reading your responses and thanks.
We all have different mistakes in our lives and to find a solution for every mistake that we made shows how strong are we. But we should be mindful that every mistake and solution, lessons should be learned. Based on my experiences, the main lesson I learned for all my biggest mistake is to think and follow your heart in everything that you do. We must use our reasonable power and passionate guide to lead us in a good direction. Heart and Brain are very important. If we used only our brain without following our heart, then, we will make a mistake and the other way around that we follow our heart without thinking. We must used both the brain and the heart for us to prevent mistakes
@megamatt (14327)
Very well said. There needs to be some balance. I think there are times where we are too impulsive, but there is such a thing as being too logical. We think of things the way they should be and thus think there is a preconceived way that they will be plotted out. That tends to be a huge mistake. Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated and contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@Java09 (3085)
My biggest mistake is when I dropped out of high school.At the time,I didn't care if it would effect my life,but of course now it really does.I didn't do anything career oriented,and I don't qualify for too many jobs.so I really do regret it.
@megamatt (14327)
Yes, that is an important lesson to learn. Trust me, when people drop out of high school, it seemed like a good idea at the time but years later, it is not such a good idea. I talked to a person that I know that dropped out and even though they were all excited about never having to go, they regretted it. Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated and contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.