I Wish Freddie Mercury Was Still Alive

@Janey1966 (24126)
Carlisle, England
I didn't have a clue about Freddie's sexuality in the early days and, to be honest, I still don't really care about what he got up to when he was alive. All I wish to remember about him was the voice and the fact he was a funny, sensitive guy with millions of fans worldwide! Sadly missed. I never got to see Queen live and I really wish I had. The other night I actually had a dream that me and two other "Fat Bottomed Girls" danced to this track. The guys went wild but I'm not sure if this would happen in real life! We were fully clothed of course! Haha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0
@sid556 (31003)
Too funny Janey. Oh I loved Freddie so much. I was a little bit sad when I learned that he was gay because I thought he was really hot. It changed my perception of him somewhat but not my opinion on his music. He was outstanding! It's not like I stood a chance with him anyway so his sexuality really didn't matter ....Freddy murcery was amongst the best
@sid556 (31003)
Oh really....I didn't know that. You are so so lucky Janey. You got to see quite a lot of rock bands, didn't you?
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
On the television, yes lol.
@sid556 (31003)
All this time, I thought you got to go to all these concerts. Are you talking about like In-Concert...that show? I saw a lot of bands on tv too. Good. Now I'm not so jealous. phew!
@olisaur (1932)
Queen is a iconic band, and Freddie Mercury possibly an icon in himself. I was never a hardcore Queen fan, but I really do admire their music and talent. Freddie Murcury is one of those tragic losses to pop culture.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Freddie was certainly unique wasn't he? I don't know anyone who said they didn't like Queen. They might not have followed their music as such but whenever a video of theirs first came out there was always a huge buzz about it. It did help when the tracks themselves were great, though. No miming on stage either!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
That ain't where my fat is.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
That's a shame because, according to Freddie, and I quote "Fat-Bottomed Girls You Make the Rocking World Go Round!" Unquote. Good eh!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
alas, it all tends to go to the belly... :-(
@ybong007 (6658)
Queen is one of my favorites. in my opinion, other banks pale in comparison to how the band performs.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Well, I was watching a few of their videos on You Tube last night and every one of them made me smile. They were that kind of band. Mind you, towards the end of Freddie's life when he was obviously struggling I didn't half cry at some of the later videos. Whatever people may think of his personal life (and like I say, he could do what he wanted, that was up to him) isn't life dull now without him around? His music will live on; at least we have that to remember him by.