The foot doctor
May 5, 2010 1:41pm CST
Hubby saw the foot Doctor yesterday, that man can preform magic. He can cure an ingrown toenail that has cause pain for years. Just a little cut here and there then a bandaide and in a couple of days better than new. Of Hubby's other problem, the Taylor's bunion news not so good, Hubby has a very bad one and this will mean a trip to the surgury center and than a cast for about 4 to 6 weeks. But he still has good news, once the proceedure is done no more problem with that foot. At this point in time all will be paid for by medicare but I am not so sure how things are going to work after the first of next year. However it's Hubby's body, his pain and his choice when he wants this done. My choice would be sooner rather than later, I wouldn't like to keep worrying over it but that is just how my mind works, Would you do it as soon as possible or wait?
2 people like this
• United States
6 May 10
I would encourage him to get it done ASAP!! With all the laws regarding insurance that have been passed and the changes coming that no one is sure about, I would definitely get done what is needed while the situation is still stable and there are no restrictions on payments or procedures. There may never be, but we don't know that. Get it done, get rid of the pain and enjoy life!
6 May 10
I am the type of person who likes to get things over and done with especially unpleasant tasks so if I needed surgery of any kind I would tell the doctor to schedule as soon as possible that way it would be over and done with a lot sooner and I could get on with enjoying life. Hope your husband’s op goes well if and when he decides to get it done.
• United States
5 May 10
If insurance will cover it now, get it done. No sense of waiting only to find out that it will not be covered and then you have the added expense of getting it fixed. I know no one wants to go through surgery but if it is ineveidable then get it behind you, is my motto. I know he probably wouldn't want to get it done right now as we approach summer, being that he will be in a cast for that long but he shouldn't wait until too late in the fall either becuase being in a cast and the weather getting bad isn't any fun either. Either way best of luck and a speedy recover to him once he has the procedure done.