Being sexorexic

By eM
@eLsMarie (4148)
I'm not really so sure if I spelled it right but I heard it at Tyra's show. Being sexorexic is when people sexually starve themselves. There's this young married woman who shared her experience towards her being sexorexic. She opened up that she already had a hard time making love with her husband because whenever she does it, she gets to be reminded of how humongous her body was. Are you familiar with this kind of "sickness?" I was shocked when I first heard of it because I never knew people would end having this kind of difficulty. Can you share your view/s?
It's not as simple as they made it seem on Tyra. There's more to it than that. Imagine how vulnerable you are when you're intimate with your partner. Imagine having extreme self-esteem issues. Don't you think that would make it very difficult to make yourself that vulnerable? If you see yourself as fat and ugly then how can anyone else perceive you differently? Or if you perceive yourself as beautiful then how could anyone see you as any differently? It's not opening yourself to the unsaid criticism of others whether they're actually criticizing you or not. It's not allowing yourself to be open to emotional pain.
@eLsMarie (4148)
I think it's something that her husband wants to deal about. The sad thing about this kind of illness or whatever is that it's more on psychological. The husband doesn't care whether she's fat or not. It's the girl who's the problem.
@eLsMarie (4148)
That's great.. How's the girl? Has she finally recovered?
@eLsMarie (4148)
Wow! How does she look like in person? How tall is she?
@dpk262006 (56170)
Hi el! I have also not heard about this term 'sexorexic'. I think the woman's husband is unkind to her. What he has to do with a humongous body, what matters while 'making love' is passion and emotions of a couple, if both have passion for each other, their physical attributes does not matter.
@eLsMarie (4148)
Actually, the husband still wants to make love with his wife but it's the wife who doesn't. Their condition was very much awful.
@dpk262006 (56170)
They need to discuss with each other.
@eLsMarie (4148)
I guess so... The woman is really the problem or her weight.
@phoenix8606 (4978)
well, i have never heard about this sickness, but I also don't know what "humongous" means, maybe if you explain it to me I will be able to answer you properly
@eLsMarie (4148)
Humongous means extremely large...