Mexico's illegals laws tougher than Arizona's

AFTER READING ALL THIS INFORMATION MY QUESTION IS ..WHY ARE THE MEXICAN/LATINO POPULATION SCREAMING RACISM AND DEMONSTRATION WHEN MEXICO'S IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE EVEN MORE STRINGENT THAT HERE IN THE USA??? Mexican President Felipe Calderon denounced as "racial discrimination" an Arizona law giving state and local police the authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants and vowed to use all means at his disposal to defend Mexican nationals against a law he called a "violation of human rights." But the legislation, signed April 23 by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, is similar to Reglamento de la Ley General de Poblacion — the General Law on Population enacted in Mexico in April 2000, which mandates that federal, local and municipal police cooperate with federal immigration authorities in that country in the arrests of illegal immigrants. Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals. The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/03/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/ Now let's look at Mexico's main immigration law. Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society: * Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32) * Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34) * Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37) * The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38) Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country: * Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73) [b] * A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86) * A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).[/b] Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned: * Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116) * Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116) http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14632
@matersfish (6311)
I wouldn't pay attention to this crap from Mexico if it wasn't for the fact that many in America sympathize with the plight of illegal immigrants due to what they've heard (maybe more of what they've chosen to believe). America is the country to hate. On one hand, we're spat at by the rest of the world due to things like the idea of American exceptionalism. On the other, we're spat at by the rest of the world when we want to do something any country should do in enforcing its laws. We're spat at just to be spat at more often than not. And now with today's climate, it's cool to be IN America and do the spitting. It's not even important that countries with horrific standards pass judgment on us and tell us what we should and shouldn't be doing. Some bleeding heart somewhere is going to go with the more moving story and jump on their wagon to fight the great (feigned) injustice. I'm convinced that most people don't even know what they're standing up for these days. They just stand to stand on whichever side offers the most to gain. For if people were truly out to fight injustice and not weekend warrior protesters, they would want America handling illegal immigration so that the horrifically violent element in Mexico doesn't continue to spill over into our country. Any fool can see what goes on south of the border, the way they treat each other and folks migrating through their country. The fact that Latinos are an American minority changes it all, though. White guilt at its finest.
I was reading your brilliant response when I realized it had brought tears to my eyes. It really hurts me to see our country so maligned when we are the most generous country in the world with a very big heart and all we are trying to do is bring some semblance of control back to the very big problem the illegal immigrants are causing our country.
I honestly don't see how we could possibly be more generous (for any big-government fan reading this, I do not consider government forced redistribution as being 'generous'). I know people with next to nothing that still give. Out of all the people I've ever met in my entire life, far less than one percentage point have been greed-mongers or bigots of any type. But let this kind of sensationalist hype jump off, and suddenly millions upon millions are cruel, greedy racists. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. We have a problem. We need to get control of the problem. Why can't it ever be simple? It drives me mad to think America is falling apart to the point where simply controlling the American border and finding people here illegally divides AMERICANS.
so let me get this straight... they can come here and mooch off of OUR government but we cant go down there? what sort of craziness is that?
Yes that is about the size of it.!
@dragon54u (31638)
This was pointed out to me in Arizona years ago. We read news articles about Mexican authorities shooting people coming illegally over their own southern borders, raping the women and leaving the children orphans. If this was not a nation of morals and laws, I would say repay them in kind but we are not monsters. We are the opposite, what my grandma use to call "milk toast", pushovers and doormats. I think we should treat people humanely but not tolerate invasion of our borders. I have heard that without borders, language and culture there is no nation. How true this is. This used to be a melting pot where everyone melted into something better together. Now it's just a lot of disjointed communities each clamoring for their own "cultural rights" and refusing to work together.
It's kinda freaky in just how sadly ironic it all is. "Civilization" is the coming together of people and building a productive society. Nowhere is a civilization better emphazied than in a great nation. So, from wandering, land-living tribes we came - each sticking to our own and seeking what's best for us. Then into nations we formed. And now, in order to "progress" America to a socially just utopia, we'll revert back a step, give up a true nation, and use big government to set different standards for each tribe. It can't last long. No matter how you slice it, we're either heading for a massive "NO" or on our way to becoming Greece x 1000.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Now this I say is very awful that someone here from the mexican caouncil act up and say we arent doing right when his own country Mexico has such harsh laws. Our Government need to do more of sending illeagles back home as they sure dont come here with money to take care of them selfs and they do send alot of money back to the family that is in Mexico SO it looks like we are supporting both coutries!!!!!!!!!!!!
@laglen (19782)
oh thats easy. Quite simply, the US infuses ALOT of money into Mexico's economy. When we "force" them to boycott us we are taking away some of that money. Then there is the fact that it is so easy to see what your neighbor is doing wrong, then you dont have to look at yourself. ya know, my neighbor REALLY need to get out there and weed their garden.....