How many older people play on games like Nintendo DSi ?

@oldchem1 (8144)
Psychologists are now recommending that playing on such games will be beneficial to the older person's brain not only improves while playing the game but that the effects last and can be transferred into everyday tasks. So games like Brain Trainer are really good for older people to play - only problem is I can't see my son giving his up!! What is your opinion on this? Are you a older person who regularly plays on these games and have found it helps you?
@o0jopak0o (6408)
it help me with my stress and that is basically it, anything that can help your brain work is beneficial to you. game addiction is hard to cure, so many news about this one. That is why i hate giving videogames to kids.
@oldchem1 (8144)
Yes it does make a change to hear something being said beneficial about these games.
my mother regualry uses her nintendo ds with such games as brain training and professor layton. My dad has a laptop an iphone uses both of them to play card games and memory games. Even if it isnt benifiacial its helping them keep up with new technolgy if they didnt theyd soon be left behind and dwafed by all this new gizmos coming out.
@ericpapasit (1276)
Where did you get that information? probably, the Psycho is linked to sony, nintendo, or etc.... to promote their products. LOL! Anything that can stimulate your brain is good but the radiation from the gadgets may bring harmful effects to the brain,,,,
@oldchem1 (8144)
No this is a genuine scientific research done at The University of Camridge, quite independent
radiation from a Nintendo DS???? :-S Sorry never heard that one before, heard the bull about mobile phones, but never about anything else...!!! Hmm another silly research project for the useless scientists with nothing else to do, for our tax to go on I guess!!!