As per your own view, what is the definition of music?

@keval32 (1099)
Can you tell me what is the definition of music? As per me music is what which can entertain me, I don't care from which country it belongs, whether it is old or new, whether it is peaceful or noisy. I just don't care what ever it is. Whether it is composed by well-known composer or whether it is composed by newbie. Music must entertain me. That's it. What's your own view?
Hi Well, you asked about my definition of music. So I will directly address your question. In my view of course, music should entertain me to be a good music. LoL. But that is merely my view and not how I define music. I define music, like any other form of art, as a disciplined repetition of sound. Now anything thing to appear beautiful to human senses, must follow a pattern. For anything that doesn't follow this, is discordant and cacophonous, thus not admirable. Why are we inclined to love such repetitions or patterns? This is because discipline is what gives our mind peace and a sense of comfort. Anything that is discordant with the normal flow will strike our senses so hard that it will spoil the magical effect entirely. We declare those things as abnormal, abomination, ugly or obscene. No matter in how many ways we define ugliness, there is only one way to define beauty, and that is, like I said, discipline. Now there may be variation within that discipline as well. But there must be a limit for those variations imposed by a certain rule. I call it a disciplined variation, and this is what makes a musical composition elegant. Thanks God bless you
@keval32 (1099)
Wow!! Quite descriptive response. Much informative, thank you dear.
Pleasure is all mine.
music for me is a time for me to leave my troubles behind. It helps me concentrate and get my mind from all the negativity. It also entertains me and i usually like to sing along with it. Music has the power to heal any thing.