Isn't It Ironic?

@erikmama (12934)
This time last week Nashville was being hit by the biggest storm ever, resulting in major floods that damaged and destroyed homes and took lives. The city is now starting to recover, but we are not to use a lot of water nor drink it. So I go to Kroger to get some water.Guess what? No bottles or jugs of water! So on to the next store, same problem. I must be a big stupid dummy at this point. Shouldnt I have known this already? I finally found a store with 4 cases of store brand water.It took 4 stores to get water.I in no way shape or form mean disrespect to anyone, but isn't it ironice how a flood causes a water shortage? Have you experienced Ironic things?
@elmiko (6640)
no, i don't think its ironic at all. everybody in your are thats been in the flood needs bottled water. it makes since to me to be low on supplies of bottled water everywhere in your area. also water obviously is a vital part of life.
@erikmama (12934)
Yep,I know that people needed the bottle water.I just didnt think about stores being out of water completley for some reason. The ironic part is that a flood, which is to much water, hurt our city, and after the flood goes down,the city has no water.
@goldeneagle (6775)
the same thing happens here in Florida when hurricanes hit. What they don't tell you in the media, and what the water companies don't want you to know for some reason is that you can purify your own water at home by thoroughly boiling it before using it. All you have to do is to take the water from your faucet (as long as it is clear and there are no visible contaminants in it) and put it on the stove in the biggest pots you have, then boil it for at least 2-3 minutes. I have heard that boiling water is safe to drink after only one minute, but I would let it boil a couple of extra minutes just to be safe. Let the water cool, and it is safe to use and drink. We do this after hurricanes, and it keeps us from having to worry about going out to find bottles/jugs of water. Good luck...
@erikmama (12934)
I dont know...I dont smell anything in my water, but they are saying the water at the plant smells like a"port-apotty" They say the water here has dangerous bacterias and stuff in it and it makes you want to stay far, far away from it, boiled or not! Bottling water for a hurrican is a great idea.It is good anytime really.It can save quiet a bit of money over buying gallons or bottles!
Boiling the water for a few minutes will kill the bacteria. Trust me...I was a Boy Scout LOL
i've never been in a flood before. i bet that made it difficult to get around and to find clean water.
I don't know that I would really consider this to be something ironic. What I mean is that all of the rain and the flooding made it to where it is impossible to have ensured that the water that is coming from your tap is actually water that is fit for human consumption. What I do find to be a little strange is that there is no way for you to really get water to use for your drinking and cooking needs. The government should have brought water in for you all since the tap water isn't safe right now and because of the fact that it was declared to have been a disaster.
@RobtheRock (2485)
Yes, it is ironic. It reminds me of the poem Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge where he writes, "Water, water, everywhere, Nor any drop to drink." I'm sure I have experienced plenty of ironic things that I can do nothing about.
@Qaeyious (2362)
Yes, the problem is that the water that is available is not suitable for consumption. Like being out in the ocean without fresh water, there are billions of gallons of water all around you, but with the salt content it will dehydrate you faster. I heard some people make sure their bathtubs are clean and fill them up before the storms come. But then if the floor becomes flooded - Aren't there any relief stations out there, supplying water as well as food, clothing, shelter, for those in need? Or are they too few and far between?