Philippine Elections 2010

Today, 10 May 2010, is the first ever automated national and local elections in the Philippines. This is history in the making for all of us Filipinos. Gone are the old days of writing in your bets to a ballot, dropping your ballots in a ballot box, and counting in all of the votes using manila paper and permanent marking pens. This is the first time that all of the voters will use a special ballot, select their bets by shading in the circle beside the candidate/s name, inserting the ballot in a special machine called PCOS (Precinct Count Optical Count) and wait for only two days to know who will win the elections. Isn't this something to be proud of, especially for all the Filipino people? Have you voted already? I heard through the news that there are places where problems occurred. There are places where the PCOS are defective, or is doing fine at first and jammed after a few tries. In general, do you like the automation of election that is being held here in the Philippines?
@rhodalyn (251)
sort of..its true that it lessens the time of canvassing the votes..but due to the limited number of machines,they decided to have 5 precints in 1 room..which led the many numbers of people to be in their line from 8 am until afternoon..i experienced it-be in the line from 8am-3pm..it sucks!..its maybe the main reason why many voters decided not to vote..
It went well here in Makati although what I don't like is that they don't have enough PCOS machines to accommodate more people to vote so that the work will be done much better. I stand in queue for three long hours and it took me only 5 minutes to finish filling up my ballot and cast it off to that machine. If there were more designated machine, probably it is much more easier. Some precincts don't have problems on queues but anyway as far as that PCOS machine, well we waited out for the technician to fix the paper that was jammed. Anyway, what I am happy for is that I can see results for the tally much quicker than before. I will give it a rate of 6 for the machine, 10 as the highest of course.
@roldango (232)
The voting went ok so far here in our place in cordova cebu. Though, at first people kept complaining on the long line that they had to endure, everybody went home happy that finally they have experienced an automated election. I think it was about time to go automated. We cant be stucked in a process that had to keep us waiting for the result by weeks or months. The Philippines deserves to level up its election system. This is just the start and as expected there's gonna be lots of things to consider. and maybe the next election will prove us that what we nee is really an automated system.