Not for the squamish :-)

@dawnald (84148)
Shingle Springs, California
Today I had a lovely ultrasound and a mammogram, and all I can say is that if somebody's going to be squeezing my breasts and sticking things up my va-j-j, that ain't where what who why or how it want it done. On the other hand, ladies, go and get your screening tests done, please if you haven't? The life you save could be your own. End soapbox. How's everybody's Monday going?
@qamarep (4453)
• Pakistan
mondya was fine.. but that is the way you need to get your self tested dear you cant say no
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
I could, but it wouldn't be smart. :D
@savypat (20248)
I have just spent a month going through all those nasty exams, I only have a mamo, and a bone scan left, then the dentist gets me. After that I will be good to go for at least 6 months. Keeping a body fit at my age is a full time job.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Dawn goes to store to buy anti-aging serum...
@vandana7 (57466)
:) We are already on Wednesday! You live on Planet Earth, the solar system?
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
it's too early in the morning...
@climber7565 (2579)
I am happy you shared this topic. As a man I would want to know how to approach and handle these kind of concerns when my lady expresses this and calls on me for understanding. What do you recommend a man think of to help prevent unnecessary discomforts, and how to help find the correct provider or how to identify signs of inappropriate ethical practices?
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Dawny, i missed half of my monday. And, sorry, i had enough of doctors and pokers, to last me at least 50 years. Hope you are allright. TATA.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm just fine. Just routine annual stuff...
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Good, now i can give you some grief.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
oh sure, bring it on!
@babyangie27 (5178)
err Hate to break this to ya...but today is Tuesday But after have your va-j-j and (OYO) messed with can do that to a person... Other than dealing with Scottsman's passing things aren't too bad My husband just got a new job that is VERY promising!
well that's is strange I JUST got this in my inbox thus why I said hate to break it to ya today is Tuesday..ok has MYLOT gone on VACA?
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Notifications were down. If you hear of a radio tribute to scotsman, please, please let me know?
IF I hear I will but since I deleted my Yuwie account a while back not sure I will. PLus don't think anyone plans on doing one. Okgah played some songs and showed some pics of him,but that was it. And stupidman had Scottsman's pictures up while he played his 80's music.
@gabs8513 (48803)
I had a Mammogram last year and I have to admit I did not feel comfortable with it at all
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
If you had said it was comfortable, I would have been giving you a pretty funny look.
@gabs8513 (48803)
Lol I would have looked at myself Funny
@qamarep (4453)
• Pakistan
what was that ultraosund for i never heard those kind of tests
@sulynsi (2838)
trust me, you don't want details!!!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
here is a description of what an ultrasound could be used for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_ultrasonography It's probably most commonly known for looking at babies in the womb. Though that isn't why I was there. :-)
@sulynsi (2838)
THese are the joys of womanhood, don't ya know? Both tests, evidently, designed by MEN. What do you expect?
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
What's even worse is when they're administered by men!
@sulynsi (2838)
Be AFRAID! be VERY afraid! Makes you wonder what's around the corner!!!
@jillhill (37354)
It was okay....bet you glad that's over. I also was at the doctor yesterday to see how my high blood pressure was.....it's fine...but found out I have sinus infection and bronchitis.....
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh lovely, what fun... :-(
Hi dawn, Yes, been there, done that, not due fo r the next check till two years time, don't like it but had to be done and its a must, so all you ladies out there please get yourselves checked, thanks dawn. tamara
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
• Marion, Kansas
It was a pretty good Monday. Except for the severe weather. It is almost over now, Monday, that is, not the weather. Weather got finished about five hours ago. Medical stuff, I always either have time, but no insurance, or insurance, but no time. Right now time wins out.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well hey, my response to you disappeared.... You are double posting again. :-) A little procrastination OK, but don't wait too long...
@cynthiann (18637)
• Jamaica
Sighs: I am due mammogram and the other thingy.The other thingy has not been examined by a doctor in over 10 years so I suppose it is more than time but somehow I just don't fancy it being done. Brightens up: But I do have a colonoscopy done. Does that count? Monday is nearly finished. Frustrating as my screen turned sideways all day so now I have a cricked neck from bending to the right all day. Someone came to my office and put it back to normal so that is a relief. My wonderful boss is expected tomorrow for a few days. So I will not be around much this week. Left a message on your phone yesterday. Day nearly done. Soon gone home. Bye bye
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
I got your message, thanks! I was downstairs and didn't check my phone until much later. Hope you had a good day yesterday!
@Wizzywig (7860)
Well, I bet you're glad that done and out of the way for a while! I've had so many mammograms over the last 2 years plus all manner of other needles, knives,and mechanical assaults and I am dreading the next mammo - which will probably be about November I guess.... but, I totally agree with your plea for everyone to get these screenings done. Monday's almost over here. I took my mum to her dental appointment & I'm glad I did because she had to have an extraction due to a painful abcess so was feeling a little fragile after.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yuck, nasty but I bet she's glad it's done!
Squamished? Hee hee. Well, I guess when your boobs get tenderized in that machine thing, I guess it gets squashed and mushed . . . thus squamished - ha ha. Yah, ain't no fun, but it's always best to detect things early if there's anything to detect! Difficult morning with difficult daughter. She and her friend were totally not listening to the teacher - goofing off - and us moms were ready to hit the roof. It doesn't help when the teacher for this particular class isn't great on disciplining (very young gal). But I don't blame it all on her. Huff and puff . . . tomorrow is another day! Hope you had a good Mother's Day weekend!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh great, now my typo has a definition! The one time my son got out of control, it was a teacher who didn't know how to keep the class under control. Anyway, twas a good day, hope yours was too!
I dont think anyone enjoys these screenings, but as you say it could save your life, Im having my next one in a few weeks which Im not eaxctly looking forward to but its such a relief when it comes back ok!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nope, not fun, but there are worse things, that's for sure!
• Marion, Kansas