Had Your Bet Won?

@lendmhe (372)
Hello pinoy mylotters, Now that election is over, many are losers and many are gainers. But you know what, my presidentiable bet won. Escudero is right. What about yours, had they won?
My bets didn't win, but I am not that sad. I do think that democracy is really taking it's place, and I hope that people would support the winners of the elections, regardless if that's whom they voted for or not. It's time for a change, and hopefully, this is really the change that we need.
@lendmhe (372)
To all of you from #7 response, i would like to say thank you. Looking forward for other discussion to be post here about Philippines. God Bless to all of you guyz!
I think saying thank you isn't allowed in the discussion, it's part of the rules, unless you have nothing to say anymore.
@mspitot (3833)
no... even though, gordon will still help many people but in different ways.
He'll just go back to red cross, he's not even sour graping. even though he didn't won i am happy because i have learned a lot from him
@mspitot (3833)
and he has proven himself already by his achievements.
@jlamela (4909)
I can say, I am a big winner for this election. I am happy with the result although a little bit sad because some of my chosen candidates did not make it or most certainly won't make it. I am very happy first and foremost because Senator Noynoy Aquino will most likely create a historic win with the greatest landslide victory ever recorded in Philippine politics. As of this moment, he has more than 4 million votes gap against Erap. Mayor Duterte and his daughter, Sarah Duterte won locally, I voted for them. In the province, my parents' bet won mayor and vice mayor and my maternal uncle won vice mayor in my mother's home town. The saddest part is that Mar Roxas, my bet for VP is still catching Mayor Binay, though Binay is another good choice, I want Roxas to win because he is a perfect tandem for Noynoy Aquino to lead this nation. Then I am sad that Raffy Biazon is very far from the magic 12, he is a good lawmaker and I really want him to be included in the senatorial slate this election. I am glad though that Guingona, Recto, Serge OsmeƱa are on their way for senate victory. But it could have been better if Biazon is included. Nevertheless, I am very happy that Noynoy make it. He is a natural born leader with humility, honesty and integrity in his heart, he has this very simple lifestyle which ordinary people can relate, his crusades to fight graft and corruption, guard democracy and freedom and do what is right are being viewed as crucial for Philippines' progress and change. He has a unique charisma that enveloped him like a giant halo. Moreover, he seems following the Gandhian's principles which set him apart from other presidentiables.
@lendmhe (372)
Thank you my fellows for responding my discussion, that's all I can say now.
@jlamela (4909)
One reason the Philippines is still smack in misery and did not improve maybe because Filipinos themselves are reluctant to embrace change and always in doubts, if we never change our mindset and views and always looking for a PERFECT leader, then we will never never see CHANGE taking please for this nation. The trouble with us is that we are always looking beyond our fence, we are always looking for loopholes and if we continue that bad mindset, don't be surprise that one day we are the poorest nation in the world. If we want CHANGE then we must start it within ourselves, or maybe we cannot see it within ourselves because we are deeply troubled too. I am tired listening to people who always looked for CHANGE and then they themselves did not appreciate what is being offered which might be a good opportunity for change. To people who doubted Noy's capacity, try to reassess first within your heart what kind of change you want to see for this nation, try to itemized your longing and even if you keep denying it within yourselves, everything goes back to mismanagement of resources because of corruption and nothing else, if this incurable disease in our system can be deliberately cured, it was only then we can see progress. So instead of doubting and wishing upon a star for another winner, why not open our mind for CHANGE, support the unity, reconciliation and solidarity being promoted by politicians. Even Villar, Gibo and Gordon who already conceded and humbly congratulated Noynoy called for unity and solidarity and support, so who are we, as ordinary citizen cannot make it? If we want change to take place, we must first accept it in our heart the essence of change and unity, the true meaning of democracy and not the old habit of crab mentality and animosity, these are the reasons why we cannot expect development because we always find fault in leaders and never allow them to prove their worth. Noy is strongly committed to combat corruption so why not support his crusade?instead of expressing doubt?If we continue to doubt his capacity then don't expect to see any progress for this country, and better live in an imaginary planet like PANDORA, there you will all things are perfect. We cannot see perfections in an already imperfect world, that is a fact.
@rsa101 (15541)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I also think that Escudero has done something big in endorsing Noynoy and Binay. I think his campaign is indicative how influential he is in the coming election. I think that this could pave way for Escudero in the next coming presidential election. Well I guess the people has indeed spoken and now we should leave behind our affiliations with our candidates and move forward towards helping one another in making this country great again.
@lendmhe (372)
I choose them base on my feeling. I don't even know them personally except for what the news says about them. But I thank Escudero for his affirmation thats help me to go.
@laydee (12814)
It's not yet over. There's no final word for it yet. My presidential vote may not win this election, but I have not lost respect for him because he hasn't tainted his name with the ugliness of politics. Never even stooping down from the usual attitude of people running for office - mudslinging. It's okay per se because he's young. Very much a role model and a leader I'd like my kids to be with. Plus, remember that the elections isn't the end, it's the beginning. Should Aquino be proclaimed as the new President, let's just hope that he could bring change - and not just feel that he's popular because he hasn't really shown me his competence, and the Filipinos are just overly emotional. Leaders are made, not born.
@lendmhe (372)
Yeah, laydee, I agree with you. thanks for the response.
yeah i bet for Noynoy and he won so i won also,, :) but for the vice president i bet for mar Roxas and sadly he lose , butim not that sad cause Binay is my second choice.. i wish that they will be good as president and vice-president this upcoming 6 years..
@lendmhe (372)
yes zedrick, the bottom part of this, how they could make our country better than ever.
hello there, Nope, he sure didn't but i guess it's just another day for us. people are happy and later will be frustrated because they didn't realize the consequence of this so called win. we will be quiet and watch him, i think it's better to see these platforms of his to check if he's going to pursue it or change mind again you can thank the media for that.