Interesting New Feature at Helium

@Canellita (12058)
So I was on Helium just now getting URLs for my articles to post to Redgage when I noticed a new feature. At the top of the article just under the "write now" and "article tools" buttons it says "Be the first of your friends to like this," and there is a little thumbs up icon. Even if you are not on Facebook, if someone reads your article and likes it they can now share it with their friends! I had heard some people on AC had gotten a few more page views this way. I am still not planning on signing up at Facebook anytime soon but I found this new feature interesting and I wonder how many people will actually use it.
@mommaj (22779)
Interesting! I hadn't heard of this on Helium. I just thought you had to paste the link and email your friends if you wanted to share an article. LOL
@Canellita (12058)
HA HA HA! I said it was NEW. Besides, how often do you email links to your friends?
@mommaj (22779)
RARELY! That's why it is nice to know there is another way to do it.
@Canellita (12058)
I just responded to your friend request. Had to check your links to make sure it was you!
• Boston, Massachusetts
Hi Canellita, I think i need to see your blog again. Please send me the link and i will try to check it. so, this time i can posts some comments. i am happy for you friend for enjoying the site. hope to see more of your articles.
@Canellita (12058)
Do you want the link to the travel one or the craft one?
• Boston, Massachusetts
you can send me both my friend. it will be great to see both. thanks!
@AnythngArt (3304)
I haven't seen this. I have been too busy on RedGage and Gather recently. I will have to check this out, but it's nice to think that people could email your article around (like they have time...lol). I need to write some for Helium this month. I am woefully behind doing other things. Too many articles to write, too many articles to promote, and too little time to do it all. I can't find anyone on RedGage...how do you locate people? I tried putting in people's names (yours and Scheng) but it came up with no results. I am stumped.
@Canellita (12058)
I just tried to find you there! Maybe I will try the title to one of your AC articles. If you got a friend request from that Jane person, she's in my friend list too (wink). I just added a link today for ESY NOLA and I would wager real money no one else has one so that is one way to find me. Scheng is in my friend's list so if you find me you will find her.
@scheng1 (24755)
I think the search in Redgage is case sensitive. My id there is scheng1, all small caps. Talking about that Jane person, you will recognize her by the smell of the cave, or the sound of banging head onto the wall! If you receive an invite from that Jane person to stay in her cave, please consider and re-consider. Go at your own risk.
Scheng, that case sensitive may have been the problem with your name. Anyway, I got lucky and you (and everyone else) has been finding me. At some point, I will need to find others, but I am ignoring that for the moment! Thanks for your tips about the photos (like Helium logo) too. I think you are right. It doesn't add anything to my article.
@Trensue (5256)
Not that I have the time, but what is Redgage? Am I missing something that I should be paying attention to again?
@Canellita (12058)
Yeah, redgage is a site where you can create backlinks to your articles. WB, by the way.