I wonder how they reconcile

@laglen (19782)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/13/obama-rips-wall-street-asking-money/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r1:c0.000000:b0:z5 As President Obama continues his verbal assault on Wall Street as part of his push for new banking rules, he will head to Manhattan Thursday to co-host a swanky fundraiser for Democratic lawmakers. Obama will deliver remarks at a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraising dinner at the five-star St. Regis Hotel. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is also hosting the event along with members of the New York Congressional Delegation. Ticket prices range from $15,000 per person to $50,000 per couple, which includes a photo and dinner with Obama. The fundraiser will cap a day in which Obama continued his Main Street economic tour in western New York, where he was expected to urge Congress to act quickly on new job creation measures that could strengthen small businesses. The Main Street tour began in December with a trip to Allentown, Pa., and has passed through Charlotte, N.C., Savannah, Ga., and Quincy, Ill. But Obama is taking a detour to Wall Street to try and help boost the political fortunes of his party, whose majorities in the House and Senate are expected to take a hit in the November elections. As Obama entertains the deep pockets Thursday night, Bill Clinton will be hosting his own fundraiser nearby for the state's Senate Democrats for tickets as little as $1,000. Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., who represents the district where the fundraiser is being held, refused to raise the $25,000 that the DCCC required to sponsor the event with Obama, although she will attend and introduce the president. "She felt that she could not do it at this time," Maloney campaign spokesman George Arzt told FoxNews.com, adding that the DCCC gives a pass to lawmakers who are facing primary challengers. Maloney is being challenged by political newcomer Reshma Saujani. But the other lawmaker speaking at the event, Rep. Charlie Rangel,D-N.Y., raised the $25,000 despite facing a primary challenger. Arzt noted that Maloney has paid the annual $250,000 dues to the DCCC but couldn't cough up the $25,000 for the event. "When you're running a primary, it is not easy to pay," he said. Obama has criticized Wall Street on its home turf before while asking for help at the same time. Last month, during an appearance at Cooper Union college in lower Manhattan, Obama rebuked Wall Street for risky practices even as he sought its leaders' help for "updated, commonsense" banking regulations to head off any new financial crisis. "A free market was never meant to be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it," Obama said. "Some on Wall Street forgot that behind every dollar traded or leveraged, there is a family looking to buy a house, pay for an education, open a business or save for retirement. What happens here has real consequences across our country." Now before you start barking at me about this being a fundraiser and blah b;ah blah, my point in this is this, I wonder how they can reconcile the differences. Watching people lose their job, lose their house and now healthcare will skyrocket..... How they can then spend $15000 for dinner? Think of the houses that could have been saved. Now I brought this up NOT as a jab at democrats, the republicans could be having the same dinner. I mean POLITICIANS in general.
@EvanHunter (4028)
Its no great secret that I wasn't a Bush fan but I have to tell you Obama looks a lot like Bush in my book, he talks like a democrat but his actions are just likes Bush's I have come to the conclusion that both parties have sold us out to corporations and the idealism of world economy/government. For all his talk of change he has continued on with business as usual and there is a large amount of his cabinet that is full of the wall street people who he talks so bad about.. Obama is just a new face on the new world order.
@laglen (19782)
he talks like a democrat but his actions are just likes Bush's I am curious, what are his actions saying if not Democrat agenda?
Look at where all the money has gone, who has gotten the most? Wall street and bankers. On top of the health care bill which everyone keeps saying socialist but is really just an open invitation to insurance companies and pharmaceuticals to the public coffers. All the money leads straight to the top. He has backed out of every promise he made like getting us out of NAFTA, repealing the patriot act and getting our troops home as the song goes "meet the new boss the same as the old boss". Obama's concerns aren't with the U.S. citizens they're with the corporations the same place Bush's concerns were.
@laglen (19782)
ok thank you VERY much for the clarification
because we never vote in politicans who come from the wo rking middle class of America we always want the elite in office so we sowed the seeds and now bit#h because the politicans are all white collar uupper u pper class people who have never had to worry about bills, and illnesses and what the average American really goes through.fifteen thousand dollars for dinner for upper class people is common, none of them and I voted for Obama as he made sense,none of them know what the average middle class american really goes through. we always want glamor in things whether politics or movies or tv. we voted in wealthy men so now what do we do?I have not the foggiest so am behind the President hoping he begins to realize just how bad things are for us middle class woriing people. a lot of us are not working.
@laglen (19782)
because we never vote in politicans who come from the wo rking middle class of America we always want the elite in office so we sowed the seeds never a truer statement
@debrakcarey (19924)
I have one thought when I read this. I was always told that the democrats are working for the working man, the common man, the blue collar crowd. So, where does the $25,000 and $15,000 come from, certainly NOT blue collar workers? Oh well, next 'government take over' coming to a country near you.
@laglen (19782)
I may have been told but never believed. Owning somebody is NOT helping them!
@matersfish (6311)
This is exactly why I don't buy into the progressives' dream of attacking capitalism and industralized countries and redistributing wealth. I know they don't care pluck one about the people! Hell, if I thought for a second a revolution could bring about a better way of life for the world's downtrodden, I'd be in the streets and burning something down. But that's now what eating the rich is all about. Folks don't want a change in wealth, they want a change in power structure. One group of wealthy and powerful people attack another group of wealthy and powerful people, and we little guys jump as high as we can to get on the wagon that's heading for the gravy train. Choo choo! But it all works out the same with different players at the top. Capitalism (Wall Street) with the wealth: Work hard to make something of your life. If you fail, you fail. You'll only get what you're able to earn. You're born free and naked and aren't entitled to sht. Make your own way. Theotherism (call it what you will) with the power: Grab your lackluster, watered-down entitlements, live within the parameters of infinite regulations, don't question the power structure, don't try to compete, we know what's best for you. You'll still be poor, but other than the MASSIVE government controlling things, "wealth" won't exist. One wants the money. The other wants the money and power. Neither actually respect the people. We're commodities any way you cut it. So I'd much rather be a commodity free to blaze my own trail than to hitch a free ride on someone else's. Anyone can make something of themselves in a world with these supposedly evil Wall Street guys. In a world with government everywhere, no one can unless you're part of the government. Politicians are running game, Obama more than most. He's more than a little connected to schmucks who would gladly force the world's economy to crash if it meant they got to be in control of it and press the reset button. They're the wannabe puppet masters to end all puppet masters. All these victims would surprisingly cease to exist once their enemy was overthrown. They're all still campaigning.