I Am About To Blog My 1986 Diary. These Are 2 Extra Bits Of Writing I Found.

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
I am excited about blogging my next diary as it is an astrology diary with loads of information in there from a well-known British Astrologer called Russell Grant, who is still going strong. At the front of this diary are 2 pieces of paper. On one is a "song" I have written, the other is a ranting letter to a DJ who never played rock music and that I will hate until the day I die. Goodness knows what you will all think but here goes:- "ON MY OWN Chorus: You are so heavenly I could love you constantly You know this love could have grown But now you've gone and thrown it all away I'll have to fight another day - on my own. Verse: Now that we're apart I can no longer carry on There is no-one else but you to force my love upon There will never be anyone quite like you You've ripped and torn my heart, breaking it in two Why do you run away from someone who cares? I wish you knew how I felt but you're so unaware You know there will be no-one else but me When your heart breaks as mine has, then you will see. rpt Chorus The one night we spent together was so right and good Please realise that I need you, I wish you understood That the way you touched and kissed me has made me feel For the first time in my life I knew it was REAL." Rpt Chorus twice. The thing is, I have NO IDEA who this "song" refers to. Guess I have to blog the diary to find out. The next bit of paper is a rant. Make of it what you will! "HATE LETTER TO JANICE LONG Dear Janice the Menace Since you joined Radio One the station has not been the same. Your reputation as being the most biased DJ on the radio is the understatement of the Century. You may not think so but I'm going to remind you of something you said on that equally biased 'Top of the Pops.' You were introducing Van Halen when you suddenly said, "This reminds me of a Buck's Fizz song." Now, that may be extremely funny to someone as naff as you but I just happen to be a fan of theirs and I am fuming about it. Keep comments like that to yourself. In fact don't speak at all because your squeeky voice gets right up my a*se. No wonder Tommy Vance refuses to appear on TOTP or to countdown the pathetic chart on Sunday afternoons. He has realised that there are more exciting records to listen to than the sh*t you play and the acts that prance around on the telly. So whatever you say Janice, you b*tch, will not change my music tastes one bit. It will just make me hate you even more whenever you open that fat gob of yours. So P*SS OFF you fat cow and don't make fun of ace bands because you must know deep down that they are brilliant compared to the b*llsh*t you like. Yours in a VERY bad mood. Jane the good music fan." Haha! Whaddya make of that my friends? The irony is that Tommy Vance (a Rock DJ who has sadly died) DID count down the Charts and DID appear on TOTP. Not sure what year but he definitely did it..for the money he said. Haha! No idea if I did send a letter to Janice Long but knowing me, I probably did! Have you ever sent a poison letter like that? Oh, I do hope so!!
@ElicBxn (60884)
nahhh, setting pen to paper when I didn't have to wasn't going to happen - unless I was drawing or writing a story 1986... gads... I'd already been in this house 2 YEARS! I was 35 yrs old!!! what were you? younger than that I'm sure...
@ElicBxn (60884)
Well, I was 32 for the first 11 months and 33 for the last month and a week... You are even younger than the roomie who was 25/26 for about 9 days longer than I was... I'm feeling my 56 right now... so I have no energy now, and only some what more back then!
@Keola12 (717)
The song lyrics in this entry are very beautiful.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thank you for those kind words my friend.
@charylady (424)
i've never kept a diary. i did start several times but when i go back to read the day's entry i would tear it out so that was that. you have a record of the things you did in your youth. looking back we now see things from a different perspective and sometimes we ask ourselves "really? i did that?" good luck with your blog :)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Thank you so much! I've started my 1986 diary now and I can tell it's going to be entertaining. First holiday abroad that year for a start!