Whaen you were a child did you ever eat anything not edibale?

I was just thinking of my favorite snack as a child. It was the playdoh in the colorful buckets. I use to eat it all the time. It was the first sign I loved salt. It taste so much like salt it alone should kill me. I loved eating it every time I went to school. I don't remember ever getting caught snacking on crafting items either. What was your favorite non edible thing to eat.
@parveen86 (101)
lol i used to love licking the plaster on the wall. i remember when we had an extension put in the kitchen and that smell of fresh plaster was unresistable
@oldchem1 (8144)
I don't know of anything specific, but I probably ate the podd worm or something during my childhood!!! I know i ate loads of sand during picnics at the beach!!
Well it may appear odd to you, but my mom gave me 'bhasma' made from pure gold grounded with honey, this was for 6 months, it is usual practice here to give to babies for good health. Probably this keeps me active inspite of diabetes neuropathy complications. Professor Wishing you a merry X'MAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 IN ADVANCE.
I don't actually remember snacking on things that weren't good for me, or ever really edible items when I was a child. I do remember in kindergarten there were a couple of people in my class that would eat the glue and I remember eating Play Doh once on a dare, but that was the end of that for me. I didn't care for the taste of it at all. What I do remember doing once was eating grass because I was starving and I couldn't get into the house (my dad had my sister at the emergency room with a broken arm and my mother was in Cincinnati with her parents after her dad had a heart attack). Eating grass was actually a one time thing for me as well.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Ah yes, crayons. In 6th grade, my friends took a large crayon, hollowed it out, poured some tabasco sauce into it, melted the top closed and gave it to me. That didn't really break me of the habit, but I eventually grew out of it.
@Flight84 (3050)
I used to eat Play-doh a lot when I was little. In my childhood house, we had this cabinet in our kitchen that was low and in a corner and wasn't used for anything. I remember hiding in it to sneak Play-doh. I also ate sand/dirt a few times and I had this thing for those chewable Pepto Bismol tablets. I don't even know if they still make them.
@megamatt (14333)
I am pretty sure I ate my share of things that I am pretty sure that I should not be eating. Crayons for instance, I am sure I ate a couple of those. I was like two or three, give me a break. Although to be fair, the blue ones did have that certain taste that was enjoyable. Seriously, I do remember eating a couple of crayons when I was younger. That is the thing that comes to mind for the most part. I am sure there would be something stranger that I am not thinking of. The only reason I knew this one is because there is photographic evidence somewhere of it. Still, yeah, as children, we did not know any better. I just wonder what I was thinking when I ate some of the things when I was younger. Of course the correct answer in most cases would be, "absolutely nothing".
@redhotpogo (3935)
My dad tells me that when I was little I use to eat alot of weird things. Pretty much anything that would fit into my mouth. Especially bugs. The only I would consider non edible that I can remember eating when I was younger was some grease that my step kept in jars. I'm not sure why I liked it. If I ate that stuff now I would puke all over.
@May2k8 (3634)
I think I often bite a plastic and insects that are still moving. Every time I think about it did not seem possible but my situation is so since childhood.
hi giftsandbagscom I used to be so awful as I loved the taste of library paste and it took my mom and the teacher to convince me that it could possibly make me sick. I do not think it ever did but they scared me enough that I stopped doing it. the stuff cannot be good for you but I had other classmates that did the same thing. lol