Whaen you were a child did you ever eat anything not edibale?

United States
May 16, 2010 1:53pm CST
I was just thinking of my favorite snack as a child. It was the playdoh in the colorful buckets. I use to eat it all the time. It was the first sign I loved salt. It taste so much like salt it alone should kill me. I loved eating it every time I went to school. I don't remember ever getting caught snacking on crafting items either. What was your favorite non edible thing to eat.
1 person likes this
10 responses
@parveen86 (101)
16 May 10
lol i used to love licking the plaster on the wall. i remember when we had an extension put in the kitchen and that smell of fresh plaster was unresistable
1 person likes this
@oldchem1 (8144)
16 May 10
I don't know of anything specific, but I probably ate the podd worm or something during my childhood!!! I know i ate loads of sand during picnics at the beach!!
1 person likes this
• India
29 Dec 11
Well it may appear odd to you, but my mom gave me 'bhasma' made from pure gold grounded with honey, this was for 6 months, it is usual practice here to give to babies for good health. Probably this keeps me active inspite of diabetes neuropathy complications. Professor Wishing you a merry X'MAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 IN ADVANCE.
@dorannmwin (36695)
• United States
19 May 10
I don't actually remember snacking on things that weren't good for me, or ever really edible items when I was a child. I do remember in kindergarten there were a couple of people in my class that would eat the glue and I remember eating Play Doh once on a dare, but that was the end of that for me. I didn't care for the taste of it at all. What I do remember doing once was eating grass because I was starving and I couldn't get into the house (my dad had my sister at the emergency room with a broken arm and my mother was in Cincinnati with her parents after her dad had a heart attack). Eating grass was actually a one time thing for me as well.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
17 May 10
Ah yes, crayons. In 6th grade, my friends took a large crayon, hollowed it out, poured some tabasco sauce into it, melted the top closed and gave it to me. That didn't really break me of the habit, but I eventually grew out of it.
@Flight84 (3050)
• United States
17 May 10
I used to eat Play-doh a lot when I was little. In my childhood house, we had this cabinet in our kitchen that was low and in a corner and wasn't used for anything. I remember hiding in it to sneak Play-doh. I also ate sand/dirt a few times and I had this thing for those chewable Pepto Bismol tablets. I don't even know if they still make them.
@megamatt (14333)
• United States
17 May 10
I am pretty sure I ate my share of things that I am pretty sure that I should not be eating. Crayons for instance, I am sure I ate a couple of those. I was like two or three, give me a break. Although to be fair, the blue ones did have that certain taste that was enjoyable. Seriously, I do remember eating a couple of crayons when I was younger. That is the thing that comes to mind for the most part. I am sure there would be something stranger that I am not thinking of. The only reason I knew this one is because there is photographic evidence somewhere of it. Still, yeah, as children, we did not know any better. I just wonder what I was thinking when I ate some of the things when I was younger. Of course the correct answer in most cases would be, "absolutely nothing".
@redhotpogo (3935)
• United States
17 May 10
My dad tells me that when I was little I use to eat alot of weird things. Pretty much anything that would fit into my mouth. Especially bugs. The only I would consider non edible that I can remember eating when I was younger was some grease that my step kept in jars. I'm not sure why I liked it. If I ate that stuff now I would puke all over.
@May2k8 (3634)
• Indonesia
16 May 10
I think I often bite a plastic and insects that are still moving. Every time I think about it did not seem possible but my situation is so since childhood.
@Hatley (161859)
• Garden Grove, California
16 May 10
hi giftsandbagscom I used to be so awful as I loved the taste of library paste and it took my mom and the teacher to convince me that it could possibly make me sick. I do not think it ever did but they scared me enough that I stopped doing it. the stuff cannot be good for you but I had other classmates that did the same thing. lol