Classmates.com VS Facebook

Do you communicate w/ your former classmates from your school years thru Classmates or Facebook? I think many of my class had done Classmates but then because you had to pay to see what people said on your lil page ect that Facebook seems like a better value don't you agree? I'm actually snoop'n on classmates now to find some last names so I can look folks up on FB! *LOL*
I was for a time a paying member on Classmates, but I really wasn't impressed with their format or their level of attention at all, so I dropped the membership there some time ago. I typically use facebook because I've been able to reconnect with many of my high school classmates and some of my college classmates as well. In addition to being able to connect with them, it also doesn't cost me anything to use facebook, so that is an added bonus.
@coffeebreak (17820)
I'm still in the dark ages..I'd much rather make a free phone call and chat for awhile than try to carry on a conversation in 400 space increments over an extended period of time.
@ndubose (418)
I love both a lot of my friends from the past has either or so they are both great in my book.....
@coffeebreak (17820)
I started with Classmates and found a few, but they did keep saying to upgrade for this and that. Several friends posted on my bulletin board and we have been friends ever since..outside of Classmates - just email and IM. I didn't upgrade but then they had a special for $10 for a year membership.. I did that...did it do me any good? Well, maybe if wanted to do more with it... but for $10 a month..if facebook would only charge that, I'd be fine with it. But I have heard (at least rumored) FB is going to charge a monthly fee like $3.99 to use it. I won't be paying anything for FB unless they do a $10 a year kind of thing. TO many free things out there. And if they are all really friends, everyone will migrate elsewhere with you!
@coffeebreak (17820)
What does KWIM mean? I am still back in the 20th century. Things were better then and I am having a hard time moving forward!!! I only did it on Classmates cause I thought I could find old friends. Didn't find the ones I wanted to find and the ones I did...we now share facebook friendship...but do they talk to me? No. Actually, none of them ever seem to "talk" that much at all. Just a mindless post to their wall every now and then! Oh well, I learned how to stop the automatic payment thing Classmates has.. if you don't stop it, it will automatically charge your account when this year expires. I'll pay for it once, but I don't pay for a second go-round of stupitiy!
@coffeebreak (17820)
And the thing is...should that be ATTI ? LOL! Anyway... what about free long distance phone calls these days? What about an email? Both free and you can say what you want as long as you want. On FB you only get 400 characters and that includes spaces! Can't say much worth while in that little of space. And since ALL on the site can read what EVERYONE else says...you have to be careful what you say so it doesnt' offend someone on the the page. That happened to me twice.. I was responding to the owner (my friend) about something, someone else on the page took offense and it heated up...all over nothing more than "eavesdropping"!!!
@raviudal (260)
i use FACEBOOK to communicate with my friends there are lots of options to do lots of fun . but i dont know classmate .. and non of my friends using classmate
Classmates was before FB hit it big. No one really goes to Classmates anymore other than to register because they want you to post your bio ect and then charge you to see your friends bio's ect...
@raviudal (260)
ohh i don't know that.. in india no-one knows classmate
Well, I am using facebook and it is more convenient for me.
Easier to navigate for most as well plus all the apps and ways to use it via mobile device too.
@Loen210 (1533)
I think facebook is so much better. I ony started use of it actaully about a year ago, and before that was a member of Classmates but never paid as signed before knowing much about. With facebook for free, and so many old classmates on there, it has helped out a lot. :o)
Both are the website being worthy of our attention.I'd heard of Facebook,but not registered yet.In China,I an used to use renren.com to comunicate with my old friends/classmates,that maybe out of touch for a long time.