How do you hook up a gps on a cell phone?

I saw on sprint today that my daughters phone has a gps on it. Can someone tell me how to do it. also how do I check it to find out where she is at? Thank you so much.
@skysuccess (8884)
giftsandbagscom, I think what you are looking for is "Sprint Family Locator" where it can locate your family members with GPS and see their real-time locations on interactive satellite maps from any PC or web-enabled mobile phone. First of all, you need to sign up with Sprint but before you do that you will have to speak to your family members whom you would want to have on the network. Because, every time when you use the service, the network will notify your family member's cellphone whom you are tracking. Also, it will not be effective if the party whom you are trying to locate is outside Sprint network coverage, is deep inside a building or car, surrounded by tall buildings, hills, canyons, or trees, near large reflective surfaces like lakes or ponds, phone is powered off manually or the phone's battery has run out. Again, please talk to your daughter if you intend to sign her up and you might tell her how the service will be of help when she's in trouble or lost her cellphone. The both of you may also lay some ground rules. After you've signed up, you can locate whoever is on the program with either a internet enabled phone or a computer. So, if you are still interested, you can go to the link below to check it out and sign up. FYI, Sprint is giving a 15 day free trial for this service after which it will be charged @ $5/month. Sprint Family Locator (SFL) sign up: https://sfl.sprintpcs.com/finder-sprint-family/welcome.htm